Charge goes on sale 5/14!

poloboogie

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok people let's get those droids, get some roms I'm giving my charge to my girlfriend, my galaxy s2 ships today so all is well winningggggg!!:p

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
May 14 release date -- No rumors, just proof.

droid-charge-may-14.jpg

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-charge-appears-poised-release-may-14

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
There is a little phone retailer next to my house that has the Droid Charge instock for Verizon and has been advertising it with posters that they have it and are selling it. I don't know how they activate them, I'm not on verizon and I'm not getting one but thought it was interesting that the little store is heavily promoting that it's on sale if its not yet..

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
There is a little phone retailer next to my house that has the Droid Charge instock for Verizon and has been advertising it with posters that they have it and are selling it. I don't know how they activate them, I'm not on verizon and I'm not getting one but thought it was interesting that the little store is heavily promoting that it's on sale if its not yet..

There was never a problem activating the device or SIM, it's just that no one within VZW wanted to do it. The retailer likely has access to the tools that they use to activate new phones/lte sims and just ignored the "DO NOT ACTIVATE" stuff.

climbak

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I just called my local Costco and he said he still had not heard. He has 6 in stock waiting, but has no updates from Verizon.

Also called my local corporate store and they hadn't heard either.