Gorilla Glass

climbak

May 9, 2011
Visit site
For me, I keep mine in a pocket that does not contain sharp objects like car keys etc. One screen protector I do not recommend is the anti-glare protectors from VZW. They make the screen look awful.

Agreed. I got a pack of them without paying attention to what they were. Definitely getting a different one.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I was in the store and ran my key accross the screen on the demo unit. It did not scratch. However my g/f likes going to the beach, so needless to say I will be getting a screen protector because sand will scratch your phone. I will go to the mall and have invisisheild installed.

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Well crap on a stick!!! After hearing that this thing had guerilla glass I was convinced that I did not need a screen protector. I love the silky smooth feeling of the screen when gliding your finger across. But if yall are saying it probably needs one, well then I guess I gotta get one. I am a facilities manager of 8 commercial buildings, although I am the manager and do very little labor intensive work, there are still times that I need to break out my tools and show my maintenance guys how things need to be done. I woudl hate to hit this thing with a carbide drill tip or a screw driver.

So I guess I gotta wait for ghost armor to realease a protector for the charge and get it. IMO when ghost armor is applied correctly it the cleanest looking of the bunch, I have used Zagg on several devices and the other major brands as well, and I always go back to ghost armor.. Thanks for the great info guys.

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I got a pack of them without paying attention to what they were. Definitely getting a different one.

Ya I bought the three pack of the VZW screen protectors just to find out it doesn't even cover all of the glass, just the actual display...Stay away from those.

rami98

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I handle over a dozen smart phones per day so I'll lay out what I consider a well balanced diet of info.

I've seen gorilla glass scratched LIKE CRAZY to the point the phone's touch screen starts malfunctioning. It had never been out of the ladies purse beyond use and phone calls. She wore one diamond ring, and had a set of very nice diamond earrings.

Gorilla glass is not invincible.

You can run car keys over it all day with no issue, but with diamond jewelery, hand tools (like screw drivers, chisels, pocket knives, etc. anything with hardened steel) rock chips, sand, other stuff like that, will scratch the hell out of it.

Weigh your usage and exposure to these items when considering a screen protector.

i have a droid charge and i have my old droid x. My DROID X got a scratch the first few days i had it. i was cutting the grass on maybe the third day i got it (launch week) and i got a really deep scratch that you could run your nail over and feel just from it being in my pocket and walking around for an hour. now after almost a year of usage, i have four very visible scratches. and i dont throw my phone around that much. my droid charge has the antireflective screen protector from verizon. i really hate it and all screen protectors because it produces very visible colored dots on light colors from the screen. like viewing a white page, you see a bunch of dots that are different colors. it's almost like the pixels are being magnified. it completely ruins the screen. but that's how it has to be. They should really make diamond screens. i would buy one even if it was 2000 dollars

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I did a mini review on a bodyguardz in the accessories section if you want to take a look.

The basics. It is very nice and very slick for a screen protector. I have used Zaggs on all my touch screen stuff for years. Never had any issues other than it seemed to change the colors of the display and they were a little sticky. I have not experienced any of these with the body guardz. Hopefully they protect as well as the zaggs did.

RS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox