Why can't I cut and paste?

mwaychoff

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I think you guys need to do a little more research before bashing google over this feature. Copy and Paste has been integrated into Android for quite some time now, it's the specific applications you're using that weren't coded to support or take advantage of it. Blame the developers and phone manufacturers that have to put their own apps on, they're the ones doing this, not google.

If you used a different e-mail client then you would have a chance that you can copy and paste. For example I use Touchdown by Nitrodesk and can very easily copy and paste info from a forwarded message into anywhere I want.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think you guys need to do a little more research before bashing google over this feature. Copy and Paste has been integrated into Android for quite some time now, it's the specific applications you're using that weren't coded to support or take advantage of it. Blame the developers and phone manufacturers that have to put their own apps on, they're the ones doing this, not google.

If you used a different e-mail client then you would have a chance that you can copy and paste. For example I use Touchdown by Nitrodesk and can very easily copy and paste info from a forwarded message into anywhere I want.

Touchdown does not mention if it works for non-corporate email. Does it work for Yahoo email? I will try it later on when I have time.

hockeymn25

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I believe it works for everything except pop3, which is starting to become a dinosaur and many companies are moving away from it anyway.

beveritt

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Many folks, myself included, get a bit irked at the idea of paying $30 for an app to get functionality that should have been included in our $300 phone.

sv_one

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Many folks, myself included, get a bit irked at the idea of paying $30 for an app to get functionality that should have been included in our $300 phone.

+1

At this point I would be willing to try it though. Does it work well with corporate exchange server email?

Other than providing cut and paste functionality are there other advantages to using it?

beveritt

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Touchdown has a trial version, go check it out.
It works well, my gripe about it is how it is a one-stop location for everything ActiveSync. Your corporate messages, calendar and contacts will be held within Touchdown and no longer integrated with the built-in calendar and contacts. That may be a positive for some folks, but I would rather have it in one place as the stock apps do, rather than go to two different places for personal and work emails, appointments and contacts. Just my opinion....

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I tied Yahoo Mail and could not get it to work.:(

I tried another option for copy and paste. This was done on a non-corporate email account (YahooMail)

- from phone browser go to mail.yahoo.com
- a prompt will appear to get Yahoo Mail for Andoid app
- download app
- enter id and password, click on add account

You will then be able to copy and paste in messages.

PS the app remains in memory, go to task manager and kill it if you do not want it to use CPU cycles.

jambrose

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
This would have been a deal breaker for me had I known what a problem this is. Have been a BB user for 8 yrs. I just navailableeeded a batterbattery but they made such a deal I thought it certainly do the same email functions but no. Ill switch back when BB is 4g w AT&T

jambrose

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

There's no bashing, just observation, and discussing w whenhat's revealed when trying use email and text manipulation functions. Thank goodness this is not my work mobile device.

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If you're using the gmail app follow these steps:

1. Open email
2. Hit menu button
3. Tap more
4. Tap select text
5. Select the text that you want without letting your finger leave the screen (there isn't much precision, because there is no cursor or 'handles')
6. Text is copied
7. Buy me a drink.

This does not seem to work for me. At step #4, I dont' see an option for "select text".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith