coming from sense touchwiz sucks...

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
No Bing on the Charge - Google search bar.

Charge is much better with Launcher pro but even if you like the hardware buttons (and I don't) - who's idea was it to ship it without backlit buttons? I thought mine must have been defective so I went back into the store - the display model didn't have them and we took one fresh out of a box - no backlit buttons. Strange. The Charge is such a "sexy" phone - shouldn't have physical keys IMHO.

Mine has backlit buttons?

dixonba

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
@StayFly

Oh man. Not impressed with the screen. You better watch it...you might lose some ?credibility?. Lol.

Finally...somebody who can see through the samoled...

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Haha. Hilarious. Haters gon hate, as they say.

I mean if you don't like crisp, bright and sharp screens, the charge isn't your thing. Just compare this to thunderbolt side by side. If you can't go to YouTube and watch a review between the phones. Its the first thing you notice and it jumps out.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
No Bing on the Charge - Google search bar.

Charge is much better with Launcher pro but even if you like the hardware buttons (and I don't) - who's idea was it to ship it without backlit buttons? I thought mine must have been defective so I went back into the store - the display model didn't have them and we took one fresh out of a box - no backlit buttons. Strange. The Charge is such a "sexy" phone - shouldn't have physical keys IMHO.

Haha, please pass what your smoking because you are dead wrong just like the OP. The buttons are backlit.

This is rush Limbaugh syndrome. Make super confident and loud arguments to compensate for lack of knowledge and fact.

Accrete

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
i've seen them both and like'em both. As a photographer i compare the differences like i would Kodak and Fuji film. Both are nice and get the message across.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
yeah i just wasn't really feeling the screen I'm sorry i was all hyped to get but no bueno.

No led is a gripe for me too. I'm not a charge homer (see my review on this forum) but like to strive for facts here.

Not liking the screen is one thing, but the screen is not a gimmick like some here are alluding to. Its legit technology which is a step up from the competition.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No led is a gripe for me too. I'm not a charge homer (see my review on this forum) but like to strive for facts here.

Not liking the screen is one thing, but the screen is not a gimmick like some here are alluding to. Its legit technology which is a step up from the competition.

they can not like it all they want, but little do they know all the other companies are trying to get amoled's in their phones so in the end you will all be using it anyway lol... Samsung just got the jump on everyone.

nopants

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Haha, please pass what your smoking because you are dead wrong just like the OP. The buttons are backlit.

This is rush Limbaugh syndrome. Make super confident and loud arguments to compensate for lack of knowledge and fact.
Evidently the RDU shipment of Charge's arrived with defective backlights - 2 display models in 2 stores (Southpoint and 15-501 for the locals) plus 2 more fresh out of the box didn't have functional backlights on the physical buttons.

Have, however, solved many of my gripes coming from HTC sense by loading LauncherPro and a couple widgets that restored the functionality I was missing. Love this dead sexy screen...

brpost

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Evidently the RDU shipment of Charge's arrived with defective backlights - 2 display models in 2 stores (Southpoint and 15-501 for the locals) plus 2 more fresh out of the box didn't have functional backlights on the physical buttons.

Have, however, solved many of my gripes coming from HTC sense by loading LauncherPro and a couple widgets that restored the functionality I was missing. Love this dead sexy screen...

So the physical buttons ARE normally backlit? I had thought so but didn't see that on the store demo and assumed I was wrong.

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

What exactly am I dead wrong on?

dixonba

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
How many times do I have to repeat myself here. I have never hated on the screen. I (and i'm sure others out there agree but lets get real...were in the charge fanboy forum) just said I wasn't impressed by the screen and that there is a possibility I was jaded by the performance of the phone. Its like the iphone syndrome. Everybody was like "ZOMG...RETINA DISPLAY...(girls screaming and fainting)...I CANT SEE ANY PIXEL$". They completely ignore the fact that its an iphone.

The charge (in my opinion...and this could change after roms come out but at this point I stand firm) is equivalent to wrapping one of my fat, juicy, turds with a samoled+ display and then slapping a $300 price tag on it. Once all the hype is over:

-The price will come down
-Roms will come out and *hopefully utilize the hardware to its full potential. Stupid samsung...

If nothing better is out I could see myself getting this phone. For me, the hardware buttons could be a stumbling block though.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Haha, please pass what your smoking because you are dead wrong just like the OP. The buttons are backlit. <br />
<br />
<br />
Evidently the RDU shipment of Charge's arrived with defective backlights - 2 display models in 2 stores (Southpoint and 15-501 for the locals) plus 2 more fresh out of the box didn't have functional backlights on the physical buttons.<br />
<br />
Link please, can't find anything about this. I apologize if that's true.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
How many times do I have to repeat myself here. I have never hated on the screen. I (and i'm sure others out there agree but lets get real...were in the charge fanboy forum) just said I wasn't impressed by the screen and that there is a possibility I was jaded by the performance of the phone. Its like the iphone syndrome. Everybody was like "ZOMG...RETINA DISPLAY...(girls screaming and fainting)...I CANT SEE ANY PIXEL$". They completely ignore the fact that its an iphone.

The charge (in my opinion...and this could change after roms come out but at this point I stand firm) is equivalent to wrapping one of my fat, juicy, turds with a samoled+ display and then slapping a $300 price tag on it. Once all the hype is over:

-The price will come down
-Roms will come out and *hopefully utilize the hardware to its full potential. Stupid samsung...

If nothing better is out I could see myself getting this phone. For me, the hardware buttons could be a stumbling block though.

you just starting explaining yourself within the last few post, but most of your posts aren't simply stating opinions.

Even this post. IPhone syndrome, really? Just because touhwiz has a similar feel? seems like all you've read in this "fanboy" forum is this thread. Most people don't like touchwiz, but since its not an iPhone the launcher can be customized. This improves performance as well. I never used the stock launcher for my d1 and I never intended to use it for this phone either. And no where are people just going iPhone crazy, they are bringing up issues/concerns with the phone as well.

Finally, this former isn't for fanboys. Its for charge owners and those who are interested in intelligently discussing it. I have several issues with the phone too, although I doubt you will take the time to even look at that. The reason the OP was shot down was because they were wrong and you because you brought nothing constructive to the table.

brpost

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Ok, so the physical buttons ARE supposed to be backlit? On the 2 demos at my local Verizon store they most definately were not. I assumed I had made a mistake thinking they were supposed to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol