coming from sense touchwiz sucks...

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just bought a charge today and I'm not liking touchwiz at all....

Issues I'm having,

No text refitting when zooming in on web pages
Every time I enable the gps I have to accept the warning...
The way touchwiz has the app list setup.. ugly
The brown and orange theme... ugly

Anyway to remove touchwiz? I like the phone but these small things are really bothering me, especial the theme. It just bad on the eyes haha

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Please read some of the review /general thoughts threads. You can download launchers. As for the colors, roms are sure to come.

dixonba

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I played with this phone yesterday and the screen is ok (I wasn't that impressed) but touchwiz SERIOUSLY is horrible. Whoever priced this phone is an idiot...

To be honest, I wouldn't even buy this phone if it was $50....

waterfrontmgmt

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah...4G is highly overrated....if your area doesn't have it yet.

Yeah. I played with this phone yesterday and the screen is ok (I wasn't that impressed) but touchwiz SERIOUSLY is horrible. Whoever priced this phone is an idiot...

To be honest, I wouldn't even buy this phone if it was $50....

dixonba

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I hope you have a fantastic day also. Just stating my opinion. Touchwiz ruins this phone 4g or not...samoled+ or not...512mb of ram or not...etc...

whitenessj

May 15, 2011
Visit site
being impartial

So i also came from a HTC device (inc) and loved me some sense, but IMO the contacts sync ALOT better w/ touchwiz than sense, the app scrolling changes per build... EVO had a waterfall style option at one point. and as for the 4 not being good in your area.. move ;) I mean that is as logical as your $50 phone option right??? the screen is great I had the AMOLED version of the Inc but this one is still far superior. and for a stock rom and build this phone is quite solid with great speeds.

oresteez

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I played with this phone yesterday and the screen is ok (I wasn't that impressed) .

I think you just lost any credibility you ever had a chance at obtaining...

The screen is beautiful. People that hate the phone can at least agree on that. You are the first person to make that statement.

Maybe the phone you were looking at was broken?

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually this screen is probably better then most tvs today. It looks just as good if not better then my 46 inch samsung led tv.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, if you hate TW so much just get launcher pro until you can rom over it. I have nothing against TW, but I have LP and it works great.

And hate for the screen? Turn that brightness up to 75% and tell me you still feel the same way. If you do, then sounds like you need a good eyeball polishing.

dixonba

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Anyone care to join the dogpile?

I didn't say the screen was bad and I didn't make any claims that it was better than any other phone. I have the amoled dinc and I actually *do have an upgrade available. I just stated that I wasn't that impressed. To me (evidently the idiot in the room "according to the experts") I just wasn't impressed by the screen. So-sue-me... I don't put that much weight into the screen. Is there anything wrong with that?

My issue with this phone is:
a) touchwiz...yes I know you can use LP but that leads me to my next point...
b.) RFS file system just murders the performance of this phone.
c.) not feeling the hardware buttons.

So what if my opinions are different than yours? I hate this "oooh...gotta defend my phone purchase" attitude around here. You know, some of us are actually trying to decide on an upgrade. I didn't even slam any of you guys out there. Just stated that the screen didn't impress me (excuuuuuuse me) and that I think V made a mistake when pricing this. So just calm down you with the "charge" in your profile...I'm elated that you're happy with your phone choice...really...I am.

Loosen up guys...

oresteez

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't own a charge but I know the screen is amazing :)
haha.

But now you are getting somewhere...not feeling the hardware buttons....definitely not your phone..

You should probably do what I'm doing..wait for the LG Revolution.

Seems like if you are waiting for 4G, its going to be between the Bolt, the Charge, or the Revo..
or wait until possibly the end of summer...

I'd imagine Verizon is going to switch to tiered data right before the iphone 5 comes out... that's fine by me...gives us some time to see which phone will work the best without being forced into anything.

I'd like to think the Revo is going to edge out the Bolt, and possibly edge out the Charge..we will see.
Its really a 3 way tie right now..but the Revo has the potential to really leave the Bolt in the dust if LG can surpass everyone's expectations..the only way to tell will be the first week after it launches...
I'm not worried about Bing...I'm sure that can be changed if its that big of a deal. Funny how people go crazy because of a search engine on the phone....its not like you can't just make google.com your default webpage..

nopants

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
No Bing on the Charge - Google search bar.

Charge is much better with Launcher pro but even if you like the hardware buttons (and I don't) - who's idea was it to ship it without backlit buttons? I thought mine must have been defective so I went back into the store - the display model didn't have them and we took one fresh out of a box - no backlit buttons. Strange. The Charge is such a "sexy" phone - shouldn't have physical keys IMHO.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i wasnt impressed either the screen was regular to me i was ready to be blown away but wasnt. The buttons were ok the speed is very slow this is on a phone with nothing on it the market wasn't setup and i keep getting fc on the flash enable website. Touchwiz is trash but i use launcher pro so thats not a problem. I wanted to see the screen outside maybe thats better. Then i heard it doesn't have led lights thats to many strikes.