The charge is my first phone with a SIM card. In effort to help my battery life, I tried to do a *228 and option 2 to update my roaming. Apparently this is not avialable on SIM Card phones? I get a message saying the SIM Card is updated almost immediately and the call ends.
    05-18-2011 02:41 PM
    Funny you mentioned it. My Visual Voicemail has been acting screwy all day and I tried the old *228 + 1 trick which has sometimes worked in the past, and got the same instantaneous message. I'm not sure what the reason is.

Off-Topic: Is anyone else having VVM issues today?
    05-18-2011 02:54 PM
    Funny you mentioned it. My Visual Voicemail has been acting screwy all day and I tried the old *228 + 1 trick which has sometimes worked in the past, and got the same instantaneous message. I'm not sure what the reason is.

Off-Topic: Is anyone else having VVM issues today?
    Off-Topic answer, not using VVmail but using Google Voice and it works great on the Droid Charge.
    05-18-2011 03:21 PM
    +1 on the Google Voice.. the visual VMail option works even better than on my incredible
    05-18-2011 03:54 PM
    *** If you do *228 on an LTE phone, it blows the SIM card and you'll need a new one. With LTE phones, you CANNOT do *228.

*** I repeat, DO NOT use *228 for activation.
    05-18-2011 09:50 PM
    *** If you do *228 on an LTE phone, it blows the SIM card and you'll need a new one. With LTE phones, you CANNOT do *228.

*** I repeat, DO NOT use *228 for activation.
    sales guy told me the same thing.. Kind of hard to believe that the sftware could not prevent this..
    awfull poor design
    05-18-2011 10:15 PM
    VZW call center advises not to the the *228 with 4G sim cards. It will mess up the card or the phone. Thats what i heard from them anyways.
    05-19-2011 04:07 PM
    SIM Card phones get their PRL info automatically, and I'm guessing that when it pulls the LTE info it needs, it downloads the CDMA info as well.
    05-19-2011 07:18 PM
    VZW call center advises not to the the *228 with 4G sim cards. It will mess up the card or the phone. Thats what i heard from them anyways.
    FYI: I did it about 3-4 times before I knew this. My phone did not ignite into flames, or explode. No harm appeared to occur, but I now know it is not necessary to do on LTE phones.
    05-20-2011 11:56 AM
    Hey guys its true you do not need to do *228, it will not work. oh and it will not harm your phone trying to do it the system knows there is a Sim and will not send any updates to the phone. I know this as i work in VZW Tech! thanks guys, it would be funny for the phone to burst into flames that would teach people LOL...

BTW *228 is not a fix all the fix all is the reboot after the *228.

Have a great one and oh btw i am having the same issue with VVM and i have reported it on up.

thanks
    05-20-2011 01:46 PM
    Hey guys its true you do not need to do *228, it will not work. oh and it will not harm your phone trying to do it the system knows there is a Sim and will not send any updates to the phone. I know this as i work in VZW Tech! thanks guys, it would be funny for the phone to burst into flames that would teach people LOL...

BTW *228 is not a fix all the fix all is the reboot after the *228.

Have a great one and oh btw i am having the same issue with VVM and i have reported it on up.

thanks
    Thanks! Reassuring to know since I did it
    05-20-2011 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD