Tiered Data Question

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I saw this on Droid Life and it got me curious since I'm finally getting a smartphone, the Charge since I'm posting here.

Verizon Readies Tiered Data Plans for this Summer, Family Versions in the Future - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

My logic was to upgrade to the Charge now since it's both a two year contract (get LTE) and a lock in at $30 unlimited for LTE. I honestly have no idea how much data I'll use since I have wifi at home and work. But when they change up the data plans, would I be impacted or am I covered with the contract? If I upgrade my phone down the road, would I be grandfathered in as well? Or is this a mystery for everyone too?

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
It would all depend. You could likely be grandfathered in for at least one more device, but they may change things around down the road and force anyone on an unlimited LTE or 3G plan to have to upgrade. At the very least, you should be able to hang on to the unlimited data until the end of your contract, assuming you don't upgrade your device.