What's your max battery life, thus far? (unrooted)

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, I ran a battery test today... really babied my Charge to see what I could possibly get out of it.

I ran it as follows:
First 11 hrs: No WIFI, gps, syncing, etc. (I used the widget to toggle all of these off) screen at dimmest, 3G data ONLY.
After 11hrs: Got home, turned on WIFI, all else stayed toggled off

I'd say my use has been pretty light on the day. I hit the power button maybe once every 45-60 mins to see if I had an email or other notification. I'm not exactly sure how the sync'ing works, as my emails were still pushing through and giving notifications regularly.

So far, I'm at 17hrs with 15% remaining. I feel like I really babied this thing today to get to this point. I checked the phone often while at work, but rarely for more than 1-2mins. When I got home, I used the laptop more frequently than the phone. While I think 17hrs is sufficient, I think I did everything in my power to make it happen... and at 3G no less. Honestly not sure that I'm so stoked on the results I am getting today... on day 3 of ownership. My goal is to increase useage over the next week to see if I can make it through a full day, but it's looking a bit unlikely.

Curious what your results are.

arjung

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
All i know is im at about 45% by the time im out of the office (unplug at 8am from home to car charger at 6:30pm). Mild use, i keep wifi/data off, about 20-30 mins of youtube during lunch time and some email checking. Gets through the work day and im fine with that.

climbak

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I got a little over 24hrs on mine the other day. I'm not a heavy user though. I just play a few games throughout the day with the screen on auto, make one or two short calls, a few texts and I never turn on wifi. I had unplugged it at about 8pm at a full charge, left it off overnight, used it the next day and put it back on the charger at around 10 or 1030 pm. Had 6% left. I usually have around 20% left after 16 hours.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I got a little over 24hrs on mine the other day. I'm not a heavy user though. I just play a few games throughout the day with the screen on auto, make one or two short calls, a few texts and I never turn on wifi. I had unplugged it at about 8pm at a full charge, left it off overnight, used it the next day and put it back on the charger at around 10 or 1030 pm. Had 6% left. I usually have around 20% left after 16 hours.

Is that on 4g? If so, that's outstanding... I don't know what I'm missing!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
I've had it for exactly 7 completed days now.

24/7 on 4G with 3-4 bars. First day ~20hrs, high of about 24 hours, low of 14 hours. All with moderate to heavy use.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had it for exactly 7 completed days now.

24/7 on 4G with 3-4 bars. First day ~20hrs, high of about 24 hours, low of 14 hours. All with moderate to heavy use.

Would you mind filling us in as to what you're doing to accomplish 20-24hrs on 4G? I was only able to obtain 13hrs, and the best I've heard otherwise has been 14hrs on 4G only data.

I'm curious which settings you are using, which toggles are on/off, and what widgets, if any, you have running. Is your screen as dim as it'll go, and are you at 15-seconds displaly time? Any info would be really helpful... those numbers are as good as I'm getting on WIFI or 3G.

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
Would you mind filling us in as to what you're doing to accomplish 20-24hrs on 4G? I was only able to obtain 13hrs, and the best I've heard otherwise has been 14hrs on 4G only data.

I'm curious which settings you are using, which toggles are on/off, and what widgets, if any, you have running. Is your screen as dim as it'll go, and are you at 15-seconds displaly time? Any info would be really helpful... those numbers are as good as I'm getting on WIFI or 3G.

I'm honestly convinced that the major differences in battery life has to do with individuals connections to the 4G network. A trend I've noticed is that most people experiencing very poor battery life are in fringe areas or talking about going in and out of 4G areas (Ex: Work in 4G, home in 3G).

I'm not doing anything magical, just wifi/gps/bluetooth off when not in use. I set the screen to auto-dim, and only run a date/weather widget that updates every 3 hours. I really am beginning to think it's because I'm right smack in the middle of Dallas and on full bars for most of the day. I think that's why it's comparable to you running on full bar 3G all day. Just a guess, but it appears to be backed up by some of the posts I've read.

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I typically go 12-14 hours on a single charge with what I would call moderate use. Some phone calls, some internet, texting, some FB... Sync is on for my Gmail, Wifi, BT, and GPS are off. Weather updates every 6 hours and the screen is set to about 30%... Phone stays on LTE auto the entire time.

Some much happier with the Charge than my TB...

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have my data OFF 80% of my day and I'm lucky if I get 11-12 hours out of it. Turning data on (in a consistent 4g area) yields MAX 8 hours of battery life. If I use the device it's more like 5 hours. I have no widgets, and very scarce syncing. Returning my battery today, consider yourselves lucky.

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm at 27 hours with 50% left (according to indicator). But here's the deal: I have wifi and data off. I only turn it on when I need it so I think I'm going to experience life that's not the norm. That's with mild texting (I was driving 5 hours yesterday), making a couple calls, brief internet use, setting up wifi for a couple locations, and playing angrybirds for 20-30 minutes. I'm still setting up the phone though (got it Saturday) so I expect a significant dropoff when I start using data more.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm at 27 hours with 50% left (according to indicator). But here's the deal: I have wifi and data off. I only turn it on when I need it so I think I'm going to experience life that's not the norm. That's with mild texting (I was driving 5 hours yesterday), making a couple calls, brief internet use, setting up wifi for a couple locations, and playing angrybirds for 20-30 minutes. I'm still setting up the phone though (got it Saturday) so I expect a significant dropoff when I start using data more.

Whoa, that's more than 5x better than mine and I have my data off too. Are you rooted by any chance?

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I've added 8 apps on the phone and that's about it. I'm going to play with the phone for a couple months and compile a list of things that irk me. Then I'll look at what rooting can do for me. I'm happy with it right now but that may be the near term buyers joy and not anything else.

Now at 34% - 33 hours. A few more texts, downloaded two apps on data, and played angrybirds during a meeting.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how anyone on here can say they're a "moderate" user. I don't think anyone posting on an Android forum is a moderate user. Can anyone give me a realistic battery life outlook on their Charge? I'm talking about 60-100 text messages, 5-10 minutes of phone calls, 2 email accounts set to check every 30 minutes, and about 2-4 of web browsing a day. That's what I use my Nexus S for and I get from 7:30AM to 11:30PM with about 25% left.