Hey everyone

along with a list of annoyances with the device the proximity sensor is freaking out a bit. Basically the screeb disappears like it should but when i takr it away from my ear it stays blank. I try and turn it on and off without success. Woderibg if anyone else had the problem.

Thanks
    05-21-2011 12:47 PM
    Hey everyone

along with a list of annoyances with the device the proximity sensor is freaking out a bit. Basically the screeb disappears like it should but when i takr it away from my ear it stays blank. I try and turn it on and off without success. Woderibg if anyone else had the problem.

Thanks
    Yes, I'm having the same issue and it's really annoying. It's the proximity sensor blanking the screen like it would if you put it in your pocket. You place it on your ear and it goes black. Sometimes whatever you do to it the screen won't come back on.

The person in the office next to me just got a Charge and is ready to return it for another device brand and I don't blame her.

Clearly this is a dumb design as I can see why the sensor could shut down the screen to save power, but it should snap right back on when you pull it away from your head like for those times that you have to punch in say an extension number after listening to a recorded message.
    You can't use the key pad or look up a contact while you are on the phone because the screen goes black. Unless you make all your calls by speaker phone .

I hope they address this issue with the next update. We should be able to choose to have the sensor on or off when making a call.

Anyone find a work around yet as I see no one responded to this OP question.

A search in google for proximity sensor turns up many others with other devices that have the same issue, some since 2009.

Anyone, Anyone?
    07-06-2011 02:50 PM
    I've only had my charge for a short while, but I've got no proximity issues here.
    07-06-2011 04:26 PM
    I don't have any problems with it. Don't block those 3 dots at the top right.
    07-06-2011 04:42 PM
    I've only had my charge for a short while, but I've got no proximity issues here.
    No issues here either... mine responds as it should.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk
    07-06-2011 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD