Any issues with RAM?

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Ill start by saying that I haven't personally had any RAM issues thus far, but I try to keep up on clearing it and programs through task manager. I'm still curious if it has been much of a problem for anyone, as it seems that I only have about 70-80mb free at most times. This doesn't seem to be a lot to spare, and I'm honestly not sure how the charge manages this when the resource becomes low.

What say you?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Android works in a very specific way , Free ram doesnt actually guarentee smoother process. Android actually keeps apps in a type of frozen state in the background so that when you want to multitask you can do so quickly and efficiently. as you open apps it puts them in a type of most used to least used order...when you open an app that requires more resources then you have available Android closes out the lowest used application to create room for the newly opened app. This is why task killers are bad when you force close your apps unnecessarily forces the system to restart this process and actually makes it work harder.

Reactions: delco714

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
None when I tried one at the store either. That being said, that was with no widgets of background data programs running.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
Have any of you noticed any lage at all. Because I just went to the verizon store and played around with it, and didn't notice any at all.

None when I tried one at the store either. That being said, that was with no widgets of background data programs running.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I'll the the first to promote the Charge because I love it, but I did experience extremely minor lag (.25-.50 seconds) while flipping through home screens and backing out of apps occasionally. This wasn't a normal thing, and it was very minimal. After freezing the bloatware it completely went away.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
so you are saying running task manager a few times a day is actually slowing things down?

Depends what you are closing. If you have an app with bad or conflicting code closing everything may help you, but that's like dumping a pool on a match the flame goes out but now you have a mess

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

nikolasmason

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Earlier today my phone was being slow and the battery was draining at about 1% every ten seconds or so, so naturally I was worried. I checked my task manager and my Browser was using 98% of the RAM. I had no idea why, but force closing it fixed things. Not so much a problem with the RAM as it is a problem with the browser though I guess.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll the the first to promote the Charge because I love it, but I did experience extremely minor lag (.25-.50 seconds) while flipping through home screens and backing out of apps occasionally. This wasn't a normal thing, and it was very minimal. After freezing the bloatware it completely went away.
Thanks, I just didn't know if the lack of RAM slowed down things normaly. But that amount of lag I can deal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood