Hi,

How can I improve my battery life without rooting my phone?

I get about 4 hours on a charge.

Thanks!
    05-23-2011 03:55 PM
    If you're not on the internet / web at all times like me, then something is definitely wrong.

It could be caused by several things. App(s) - too many running in the background, plus other other unknown issues.

Also, the battery itself may not be holding its charge anymore. (Bad battery)

Try to tap off the battery after fully charged. Another thing you could do is calibrate the battery. (Tap on the link in my signature and you should see a post on battery calibration) To be honest... these steps / procedure may or may not work.

Good luck.
    05-23-2011 04:13 PM
    There is absolutely no need to calibrate any Lithium-Ion Battery.
    Grenex likes this.
    05-23-2011 04:50 PM
    The "search" button must be hidden on the forums front page......
    05-23-2011 05:35 PM
    There is absolutely no need to calibrate any Lithium-Ion Battery.
    This is correct. 4 hours of battery life can be chalked up to an excited new owner playing with his or her phone a little too much. Any LTE device isn't going to get great battery life under normal use, but it just sounds like maybe you're on Facebook a little too much. What are you doing for those 4 hours of uptime?
    05-23-2011 05:42 PM
    Things to do to extend battery life (none require root):

- Lower the brightness of the display
    - Disable WiFi when not in use
    - Disable Bluetooth when not in use
    - Change push emails to scheduled pull
    05-24-2011 06:15 AM
    Yeah.. need a LOT more information to help answer your questions.

Seems as though most of us are getting 13-18hrs on 4G with normal use. If we have no idea what you are doing in a day, what apps you are running... what toggles are on, etc., how can we help you?
    05-24-2011 08:11 AM
    Yep. I thought that long post I did last week on this topic would be so helpful, but people dont search first before asking.
    05-24-2011 09:49 AM
    Wouldn't a strong, consistant wifi blow 4G battery life out of the water? When I'm home I'm always on wifi on my og droid. Much better battery life. But when I send a mms, 3G is necessary of course.. which I hate. But oh well
    05-24-2011 10:00 AM
    Jay,

Sorry you were not able to find it.

Here it is: Battery Life

For help with almost all the basics just click the button at the top of any forum.

Good luck!
    05-26-2011 11:57 AM
    Wouldn't a strong, consistant wifi blow 4G battery life out of the water? When I'm home I'm always on 4G on my og droid. Much better battery life. But when I send a mms, 3G is necessary of course.. which I hate. But oh well
    Yes it does! My Droid Charge when running on 4G was draining the battery approx 7% per hour. I had my MAC Address registered at work so I can access the local WiFI network last week. I am now averaging a MUCH longer battery life!
    My battery drain on WiFi is about 2% per hour as opposed to the 7% per hour on Wifi!

With this configuration and all the other configs in my other post, I am getting a full day NO PROBLEM from my phone!
    05-26-2011 12:04 PM
    NICE!!

I played with some settings this morning... removed the auto push from the stock email app and disabled auto-sync. Now, when I turn my phone on, I just hit the manual sync button and collect any data that I've missed since I last touched the device.

I've went from a 5-7% battery drain/hr to a 1-2% battery drain/hr with these settings. This is my first few hours using the device in this fashion, so more extensive testing is certainly necessary, but it looks to be a dramatic difference thus far.

(Disclaimer: This is with my typical usage, your usage is likely far different. I'm trying to test comparing my apples to my apples with only one or two things toggled each day.)
    05-26-2011 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD