Hdmi output help

x513xSPARKS

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the Charge today as well as the hdmi cable. However, I cant figure out how to get it to work. What do I have to do to output images/videos to my laptop or tv?

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
you should not have to do anything, just plug it in to phone and then the TV.

Most everything will show up as it is mirrored to the TV
a few exception are;
Samsung Media Hub and Camera Apps
Everything else i have tried has worked, including the 7 home screens

whitenessj

May 15, 2011
Visit site
bad cable most likely>>Cheap HDMi cables have plagued a few other people (not saying you bought a POS cable so i am sorry if it reads that way ;) )

also I assume it is a HDMI--> HDMI and not using a DVI adapter??

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I use mine every night to stream TV Now from my phone to my LCD TV. All I do is change the source to HDMI on the TV and then plug the phone in. After a couple seconds my phone is mirrored on my TV. I love it!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I use mine every night to stream TV Now from my phone to my LCD TV. All I do is change the source to HDMI on the TV and then plug the phone it. After a couple seconds my phone is mirrored on my TV. I live it!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

+1 change the input source on the remote control or the tv

techsnif

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
HDMI out pixellated

I connected the Droid Charge via HDMI cable to my 58" 1080p HDTV. Mirrors pretty much everything from the phone to the screen. HOWEVER, when I watch youtube videos that are 720p or higher, or other streaming video websites, the video is pixellated as if you were to enlarge the screen pixel by pixel to the 58" HDTV without keeping the HD quality. Someone suggested using Dolphin HD browser. Tried it and it did the same thing.
The pixellation happens on all the streaming movie/video sites I have seen. This DOES NOT happen when I connect my laptop to the HDTV via HDMI. It show up perfectly clear 720p or higher as it may be.
I looked on the Droid Charge for a setting to change the HDMI out resolution, could NOT find one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma