Not sufficient phone storage?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Just got my Charge and have been installing my apps from my Droid X and I noticed some did not install. When I go to install them from the Market the installation fails because of "Insufficient storage space". What the heck? My phone storage shows 328mb still left. Any ideas?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've been moving to the SD card all day, trying to install stuff. I miss the 8gbs of internal app storage on my Droid X!

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I know the batch feature is more efficient, but I think the restoration from TB might be the culprit. I've found that although slower, I have had much more success installing from the market and then restoring the data from TB.

At any rate...good luck and let us know how you fare!

Steve in CT

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That is the biggest problem of the Charge out of 2GB you only get 1.04GB out of the box. If you root, and rip out the bloatware and other junk you can get up to about 1.5-1.7GB. Still its a joke what Samsung put in it.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so it wasn't the actual storage on the phone that was taken up. When I used Titanium Backup, some apps were not properly installed leaving a "com.AppNameHere.app" APK on the phone. This would make it so whenever I tried to install an app with that com.APK left over, it would say "No space available", even though there was. Problem solved!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so it wasn't the actual storage on the phone that was taken up. When I used Titanium Backup, some apps were not properly installed leaving a "com.AppNameHere.app" APK on the phone. This would make it so whenever I tried to install an app with that com.APK left over, it would say "No space available", even though there was. Problem solved!

yeah if i took my biggest app, i would have to install it 600 times to fill the internal storage