Exchanging Thunderbolt For Charge What do I need To Know?

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
My Wife's phone is having issues rebooting after the last update. Verizon has graciously offered her a free of charge Charge even though we are out of the trial period. Is there anything I need to know before the replacement comes and I swap it out?? Quirks Issues?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My Wife's phone is having issues rebooting after the last update. Verizon has graciously offered her a free of charge Charge even though we are out of the trial period. Is there anything I need to know before the replacement comes and I swap it out?? Quirks Issues?

if you want to root but dont want to have to install a custom kernel do not let them update your phone to ED2 if they try to update you tell them you heard it was buggy just to leave it as it is and you will apply the update on your own..

if they apply the update anyway , then myself and imnuts are both working on custom roms so you will be set

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I had a Tbolt and returned it mostly so I would have more choices. I still may end back up with it. Not sure yet It didn't run VZ apps like My Verizon or Vcast Video or NFL at the time. No swype and poor battery life. Been looking at the Charge and waiting for the LG before deciding. I've been watching reviews and posts for 6 months now and it comes down to this for me. The Charge has best screen and possibly better battery life. Majority of people say it does, HDMI port is a plus. It's achilles heel appears to be a slightly laggy UI when running the social widgets and lagging web browser when Java is enabled. Look for those things when testing. Disabling Java or make it on demand and it seems fine. Everything else seems to be good. The LG Revolution is up next and it’s got more onboard memory but a smaller card out of the box. It has some things that look promising like Netflix, 3.0 Bluetooth and the promise of the first Voice Over LTE service in it’s future. I’m hoping it runs as smoothly as the Tbolt but shares the battery life of the Charge. It’s downside for most people it that it comes with Bing instead of Google but when you can make Google your home page on the browser does that really matter too much? Anyway, I’ve been eyeing the Charge (really was no pun intended) and want it badly but just waiting to compare it to the LG and see what happens. Good luck to you.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I did exactly that....TBolt to Charge
I like the charge display way better
Battery for me is marginally better ( i have 2 docking stations w/built-in battery charger and extra battery)
Like how you can take screenshots, change the system font all w/o root.
I dont use touchwiz, i use Go Launcher Pro, runs way smooth..
Love the standard options on camera that for some reason are missing on the tbolt??

Dont like the overall orange/tan color scheme
dont like the carhome screen
Dont like how they put extra bar on pull down, its nice to turn off data and such but takes to much room when you have notifications, and other alerts.
wish bottom was flat, not rounded...speaker clould be louder, better placement, gets mufled when you set it down...
Other than that its great...
Buenos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2