How long does it take for your phone to charge?

Grenex

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It seems like I could plug my old Moto Droid1 in to charge, and within an hour it was ready to go. With the Samsung Charge phone I have now, It feels like it charges REALLY slowly. I had it on the charger for an hour last night and only gained about 20-30% of an increase in battery.

Just me, or is anyone else seeing this too?

seanya

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I am going through the same issues with my Charge charge. :) I am now trying to charge it with the cover off on a cool surface. Maybe it's overheating??????

seanya

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
So I took it out of the case and placed it on a cool surface. It was very warm! It is charging faster now. It was going at a snail's pace and at about 52% when I sent my last post. It is up to 83% now.

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
Same, it's pretty slow inductive charging (not a problem since I charge all day on a desk or nightstand while sleeping) and slow on the USB side. When I charge it through the AC adapter it goes much quicker and not really a problem.

My D1 did charge faster, but I believe this is also a bigger battery. I think this is the noticeable difference for people coming from older androids or blackberrys.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Its pretty slow, slower than my Thunderbolt but I think they do this to prolong battery life. Fast charging really heats up the battery and causes loss of battery life and other issues like fires. My Samsung Epic also charged slowly.

mattmmm

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
charging

I got the extended battery and it seems to take about twice as long to charge, although it's looks like it's 3x the size of the standard battery.

I only wish they made protective covers that can handle the extra bulk...