Charge price drop?

Bouch1781

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there any reason for me to believe that the price might drop somewhat soon after the Revolution launches? The best I can do right now is $239 with my NE2 from VZW itself but I will never spend that much for a phone. If Amazon or someone else dropped the existing customer price to $199 I may have to jump but otherwise I guess I will wait, I've waiting a long time anyways.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping VZW drops Charge to $250 or better yet $199, as I have $50 off :). However, the phone hasn't been out that long, and I can see people being pissed they paid X amount more so shortly prior. Remember when Apple dropped the iPhone 3 (whichever one) by $100 shortly and they ended up sending everyone $100 rebate? (it is expected that prices will reduce, caveat emptor for those adopting it at launch). We shall see! Maybe in another week or so.

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up from VZW for 249.99. I called into customer support and asked them to lower the price and they did.

rmanaka

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it will be that long to see price drops (Amazon Wireless currently has the Charge at $199.99 for a NEW subscription, $250 renewal). Costco, Wirefly and LetsTalk also have the phone for $250. Personally I think that both the Charge and the Thunderbolt should cost around $100 since without $720 or more for data services over the life of the contract they are pretty much fancy feature phones!

The real wild card ATM is whether or not you can afford to wait past June when unlimited 4G dataplans may go the way of the dinosaur; If you are a "typical" data user under 2GB a month, it won't matter much but who on these forums is a "typical" data user? Heck, stream a couple of movies and you'll be over your quota in a hurry.

Got to be careful not to be penny-wise and pound-foolish...at least that's the argument I'm using with my wife to convince her for us to switch to 4G phones...but you can see how far that's gotten me with the current prices (and I DID find two Thunderbolts for $100 apiece through a Vz reseller)!!!

Good hunting, however!

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So If I got a Charge today and locked in 4G unlimited, then say picked up a Targa in say December on eBay when tiered planning has been set by Verizon, when I go to activate the new phone will I still be unlimited or at this point will they make me join the tiered platform?

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
So If I got a Charge today and locked in 4G unlimited, then say picked up a Targa in say December on eBay when tiered planning has been set by Verizon, when I go to activate the new phone will I still be unlimited or at this point will they make me join the tiered platform?

As long as you were still under your original contract they cant force you to change because you bring a new phone into the equation. So you will still retain your old non tiered contract... at least until the life of that contract is over.