Is this phone for me?

prodigy

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm moving down to Miami and will get 4G coverage. I absolutely loved the screen. That being said, what I want in my phone:

-Good battery
-Durable
-Good Interface
-Good Web Browsing
-Good Call Quality

I probably won't do any rooting or anything like that (open to it though), not a big gamer, not on the phone all the time, won't have a million apps, not big on pics/video, etc.

So would this work for me, should I get the X2, or keep waiting? This will be my first Droid, if that helps.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
For a 4g device the Charge has great battery life (compared to Thunderbolt). Although the build quality on the charge is not as good as the Thunderbolt, it feels alot better in the hand. Web Browsing is pretty good on both phones, and call quality on the charge is better. I know you mentioned the X2, but some people are saying it is very laggy, and since you will live in a 4g area, I would get a 4g device. Also go to your local verizon store and see which phone you like most.

prodigy

May 26, 2011
Visit site
For a 4g device the Charge has great battery life (compared to Thunderbolt). Although the build quality on the charge is not as good as the Thunderbolt, it feels alot better in the hand. Web Browsing is pretty good on both phones, and call quality on the charge is better. I know you mentioned the X2, but some people are saying it is very laggy, and since you will live in a 4g area, I would get a 4g device. Also go to your local verizon store and see which phone you like most.

I liked the Charge a lot when I used it in the store. X2 wasn't bad either, but I didn't like it as much. I guess basically right now I'm trying to decide between 4G with less quality internals vs. 3G with high quality internals. And of course, trying to wait out for a Bionic.

whitenessj

May 15, 2011
Visit site
well if your waiting then your decision isnt made any different because the 3g vs. 4g will still be a sticking point of the s2 vs the bionic.... so you may want to figure that out first..