Google Map update

mikedo

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried updating may Google maps on my droid charge and adding Google World. When I go to the Android market it says its installed. But I still have the limited features. When I go to googl maps mobile through my browser I get a much more robust map experience. I've tried deleating the loaded Maps icon with the idea that downloading the new version would take its place but since maps is part of the bloatware that wont happen. Google world just focuses into my location and becomes a blur. Any one have a different experience and any suggestions? Thanks

mikedo

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried deleting but since it was preloaded it wouldn't go (Maybe I need to do more than drag it to the garbage can) and what is market cache... (I'm new to Android and it sure would help to have an exhaustive list of steps and procedures like there is for each of the Blackberry Phones on Crackberry) But thanks.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If you go to settings => applications => manage applications =>all apps then scroll down until you find the Market app, tap on the market app and tap clear data or clear cache. This will wipe out your market history so your device will have no market history on it and you can get the update again.