will the inductive charging battery cover work with a otterbox case on ?
    05-28-2011 06:08 PM
    Thats a really good question. I was wondering if you had to take a case on/off every time to charge it. Then I opted to get the extd battery so it became moot point for me. Still I would like to know this as well.
    05-28-2011 08:47 PM
    got this reply from a verizon worker on their website

Hi crabndan, the battery cover does have to make a physical contact to the wireless pad to work. You're welcome to try with the case on and report back. We would be interested to hear what happens...

Thanks
    06-01-2011 06:38 PM
    If it was true induction, therr wouldn't need to be physical contact with the back and the charging pad. It might work. Check it out then check back.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-01-2011 08:05 PM
    seen this on the otterbox website..

The Defender Series Case is compatible with the standard charging source that comes with the device. You would have to remove the case in order to use a wireless charging system.
    06-26-2011 03:56 AM
    I doubt it would work. RIght now I have just a rubber skin on my mine and it can be finicky when using the wireless charging. Without the rubber skin, you can place the phone anywhere on the pad and it will immediately start. If you have the rubber skin on, you may have to pick it up and replace on the pad 2-3x before it will 'catch' and start charging. I do believe that it is noticeably slower also.
    06-26-2011 07:44 AM
    is the wireless charging worth the buy ?
    06-29-2011 03:43 PM
    The wireless charging is extremely short range. It loses considerable power transfer ability with distance. I have a TPU cover on my phone and it charges just fine, but the case doesn't fit real well. I have to place the coil in the back cover more directly on top of the coil in the charging pad, but it works no problem other than that. The problem with the otterbox I can see is that it wont properly fit over the wireless back cover of the phone. It adds exactly 2mm to the phone's thickness. The otterbox case itself may also be too thick and increase the distance between the induction coils too much for the power transfer to occur.
    06-29-2011 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD