Free Charge with Contract Monday Only!

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been stuck trying to figure out whether this is just for a new line, or if you can get that price for an upgrade?? I see no reason it wouldn't be the same, its only fair, but right now its $20 cheaper for a new customer...

I would REALLY like to get a free Charge, and stop waiting for a Bionic, GS2 LTE, or anything else. But I just hate paying $249 for a Charge if even better things are right on the horizon...

Reactions: delco714

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So is it like $50 for upgrade?! Wtf, it's some bcrap. Is my $ not as good as theirs? It's like going out on a first date. Make a great impression, then down the road 2 years there's no need to impress. Lmao

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree, but that's how most companies do it these days, but VZW stores tend to give you the same price for an upgrade as for a new customer, IF you are an individual OR the primary line on a family account. That's why I'm expecting they'll offer the same price to us as to an individual upgrade.

I agree that its not fair, but I guess the secondary retailers get more kickback from VZW for adding new contracts than simply renewing existing customers. Not sure why though, at this point I'm free to go anywhere and am still choosing VZW, but they don't know that. I think they'd be just as eager to lock me back in as to get a new customer, but whatever. Regardless, if its $50, or even $100, I'm not gonna be too upset, I'll still jump on it. That's $200 cheaper than usual, $150 for those of us like myself who still have a NE2 left. I could care less when the Bionic or GS2 drops if I can get the Charge for that much cheaper.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
This news is painful for peeps who paid full price like me. I got it a bit cheaper on ebay for $520, but still, compared to free it hurts. :-/

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am upgrading since verizon told me I have an discounted price.. so a new 2 yr contract includes us who are upgrading and renewing for another 2 yr right?

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Just found out I actually am not up for a upgrade. Verizon gave me a preup grade option with $50 off. My ne2 isn't till july. Needless to say, I was pissed. I just bought the charge and car dock off verizon with tax for $300.. :(

FluxTZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just found out I actually am not up for a upgrade. Verizon gave me a preup grade option with $50 off. My ne2 isn't till july. Needless to say, I was pissed. I just bought the charge and car dock off verizon with tax for $300.. :(

You should be able to convince VZW to give you the upgrade early. You typically are allowed after 20 months on your contract.

matthew2109

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This is too good of a deal to pass on. Even though I haven't decided which phone I want. All 3 4g devices are on the list.

Im in the same boat. I really want to get one of the 4G phones if they are free. But I'm still not seeing it on the amazon website yet. Maybe I will keep pressing F5 and see what happens ha

rmanaka

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I checked a couple of times and they weren't listed as free, they here still $250

Yeah, I signed into my account at wireless.amazon.com...showed $179.99 for me as a new verizon account. Sure it wasn't FREE two day shipping? That's the only free I see!

[edit] OK, FAIL for the original Phandroid article...seems they've come out with a new one with the $179.99 price. Another story that's probably better sourced was EWEEK, http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and...Android-Phone-Prices-for-Memorial-Day-857372/. Good price, but not enough to get me to commit atm. [/edit]

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty