Wow just realized this isnt using gorilla glass

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this phone has the same glass as a fascinate. My fascinate was beaten and battered and the screen was scratch free. The charge screen is full of scratches.

Its all gorilla glass. There is no difference in the material. What you may be seeing is scratches in the oleophobic coating, which the Fascinate did not have.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
All the other Galaxy S phones have it, so of course this does too. And its definitely possible to scratch Gorilla Glass, just takes a grain of the right kind of sand.

Or the right kind of metal. My wedding ring's made of Tungsten, completely owned my Droid X's screen.

Plucknbach

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I tested my drod x2 with gg and my new charge.

I dropped a 1.5 lb solid steel ball bearing from 4ft on both and both had the same crack pattern. I believe both are gg glass. the cracks were not as substantial as my original drioid which shattered. I'm waiting for my new charge to replace the one that sort of cracked during the gg test.

i'll post pics to show.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I dropped a .5 lb solid steel ball bearing on both and both had the same crack pattern. I believe both are gg glass. the cracks were not as substantial as my original drioid which shattered. I'm waiting for my new charge to replace the one that sort of cracked during the gg test.

I can understand a blog or company or whatever that has "disposable" income to spend on devices doing stress test on them... But someone who does it then has to wait for a replacement intentionally damaging their devices?... wow.

fortesquieu

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so I asked Samsung CS on Twitter, this is what I got:

2yjqwp1.jpg

Reactions: fingercuffs

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

I dropped a 1.5 lb solid steel ball bearing from 4ft on both and both had the same crack pattern. I believe both are gg glass. the cracks were not as substantial as my original drioid which shattered. I'm waiting for my new charge to replace the one that sort of cracked during the gg test.

i'll post pics to show.

Are you crazy?

Also I guess it does have gorrila glass, must have some sort of coating on the glass that shows scratches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12