Who is using Weatherbug or Weatherbug Elete

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
If so are you having trouble with it automatically updating? No matter what I do it seems to be a struggle to get the location to update properly. I keep getting a pop up saying "failed to update location no signal" even when all 3 GPS providers are on. On my Thunderbolt I didn't even have to turn the GPS on and it would update fine just through the cell tower locations. Now im having to turn all 3 location services for it to update the city im in and even then its slow to update. Im having the same issue with Beautiful Weather widget also.

Last edited:

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if this isn't tied to the data issue many of us are having when dropping in to a 3G connection. Does it happen in 3G areas only?

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't use gps unless I travel. I have it set to update hourly and have it on a set location.

See I could do this on the Thunderbolt just fine but with the Charge it wont update unless the GPS is on fo some because I keep getting that no location signal pop up.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
See I could do this on the Thunderbolt just fine but with the Charge it wont update unless the GPS is on fo some because I keep getting that no signal pop up.

Huh? I am just as lost on that one. I hope you find a solution quickly, weather bug is the best application like that out, love how accurate it is.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Huh? I am just as lost on that one. I hope you find a solution quickly, weather bug is the best application like that out, love how accurate it is.

My Weatherbug will not automatic update set to the cell tower location setting. It will only change locations withy the GPS turned on.

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Elite myself and don't seem to be having an issue. I'll keep a closer eye on it tho during the day as I have it set to update every 2 hours. FYI I don't use the GPS setting tho as I never turn GPS on unless I have to. I just have Enable My Location, Enable Follow Me, and Use network checked.

Randy Noseworthy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Thunderbold HTC via Verizon, and I WAS getting the

"failed to update my location no signal" :(

issue, but I just removed the WeatherBug app and that got rid of it. Weather.com's app works well also. Just a slightly different format. Weatherbug also has a Window's app, that seemed to be very ad supported. :eek: Deleted that one too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar