hey everyone, i posted this on xda last week but have yet to get a response. is there any way possible to have a video chat from the charge to pc/mac using the ffc??? i tried yahoo and was only able to use the back camera, if android to pc video chat is not possible I may just go ahead and return this battery hog as this was my real use for LTE.....
    05-30-2011 06:17 PM
    I would say Skype, but I am not sure the Skype video version is working yet. On Skype's site they show a ThunderBolt next to a computer, but the Skype forums have nothing about a working product and. I know there are other apps like Tango and Qik (now owned by Skype).

Now if you have a Nexus device the answer likely yes since you could use Google Video Chat. I also found this article Vtok Launches Google Video Chat App for More Android Phones Online Video News about an app that is adding support for more Android devices and ties into Google Video Chat.
    05-31-2011 12:33 PM
    Skype video does not work for Android yet. Blows chunks! I would suggest using Tango if it between two phones that you'd like to set it up.
    05-31-2011 12:47 PM
    I would also like like to know this. I have been trying in vain to find an app for that as well as one that will allow for face to face chat i have tried every one i can find with no luck. Tango was the most promising, but there is no sound
    06-01-2011 02:20 AM
    The leaked Skype apk works with video on the Thunderbolt. There's a security issue, so you can read and make your own decision
    06-02-2011 12:56 AM
    Where can you find the leaked skype apk? Thanks!
    06-02-2011 01:49 AM
    Has anyone tried Oovoo?
    06-06-2011 12:50 AM
    I believe fring works. I only tried it once and on 3G which was not that great (the 3G signal) so quality was not very good.
    06-06-2011 12:52 AM
    Skype does work with android, I uzed my thundervolt to video call my friend on an iphone on 3g, not wifi, and it worked. not the skype from the marketplace. Gota google it for thunderbolt. No such luck on this charge though...but hopefully

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-07-2011 12:17 PM
    Has anyone tried Oovoo?
    Does not work as of yet...tried it

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-07-2011 12:18 PM
    Hi, friend I would like to say properly plug-in the webcam into your PC and install the drivers of webcam then go to Omegle and start Text or video chat online this website free for video chat.

Have a nice day

Thanks,
    06-10-2011 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD