Samsung Charge HDMI out audio problem

jonudallas

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a projector with an HDMI video in and can get the video mirrored out through my HDMI cable; however, I am trying to use the 3.5 audio jack for the audio out to my stereo system. As soon as I connect the HDMI cable, I lose the audio. Is there a fix for this to allow for audio/video splitting? Are there cables that allow for splitting from the HDMI port? I also had problems getting audio out to another TV via the HDMI cable so not sure if there is a particular setting that I need to adjust. Thanks in advance for assistance.

mikedede0421

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Dude i had the same problem after going back and forth with Verizon for 3 days. They tell me its the hdmi cable itself. The one they carry now is for droid x and don't exactly match up with the one the droid charge needs. Get this the cable ain't due out for another week is what i was told. If u find one that we can use let me no.:)

dverplank

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
is this for real?

Wth? I have to buy another Hdmi cable? I thought this was a standard cable? Is motorola proprietary or samsung? (or both)

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming the Charge wasn't coded to be able to handle concurrent multiple outs. It is probably trying to send audio out via HDMI and can't tell you are trying to send audio out to the stereo via 3.5mm while sending video out via HDMI.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Any male micro hdmi (type d) to regular hdmi male will work. So yes that one is correct. Look for.the seller accstation (either on ebay or his website) for best prices, good quality and quickest shipping.

kells

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Boy am I glad I read this thread. It is hard being on the bleeding edge, isnt it?

I think this is the cable you are both looking for? Or maybe not?

Samsung Droid Charge Micro HDMI 6FT Type D Cable 1080p

Let me know if you think this is right.
hi, I'm having this issue as well. however, i don't see how buying another cable like the one I have is going to fix it. Do you think it is an issue with the phone or is there an actual propritary cable?

Thanks to eveyone who has posted on this.

Last edited:

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I wondered about this issue too. I just got an email an hour ago that Amazon has just shipped my $5 HDMI to mini cable out. That other link the poster posted at least shows the Charge specifically.
I'll report back if my $5 Amazon cable works too after I receive it.

I was planning on streaming Netflix (when the app is available for the Charge) to a larger screen TV like when in a hotel room. I wondered how this would work though because an HDMI cable already carries the audio in it.

I wanted to use my small portable powered speaker set that I have and did not see any way to shut off the audio output through HDMI using the Charge's software. I too wanted to plug my external speaker set into the Charge's head phone jack for better audio than the tv speakers would put out.

I used a similar set up for years when viewing my homes DVR in hotels through a Slingbox.

My Time Warner DVR has settings to choose how the audio is sent out. I didn't see anyway to change the settings in the Charge to do this. Maybe it will have to come someday in a software update!

Last edited:

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have spent the better part of the last hour trying to find a practical way around this. (app, cable, adapter, what ever might make this work).

I am hoping that they can fix this, I would love to keep my projector, small set of pc speakers and a white sheet handy, for a super portable movie theater.

Tx2Stepn

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
This is definately TV specific... We bought 7 droid charge phones in my family
and we have 6 TV's that the sound is working on and 2 that are not working...
Working are Sharp, Samsung, and Magnavox... Not working are JVC and Sony...

Sonja

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you experiencing this problem run audio from the TV to the stereo? Seems to me like that would be the fix you're looking for...

you might consider spliting your audio cable, with HDMI though nothing is needed supposedly but i noticed that about all of these post related to 1080p.... did you forget the droid charge will run 720p..
perhaps its all in the way settings are made..
also i looked at some today and there were some that had composite out to a tv (with sound)
for newbies(red -white are all ways audio)
i also noticed on the Hdmi cables there was another out put from the cable ie: S-Video
so my opinion would be that one needs to buy the cable with a very small converter box to their chosing..

most TV's are not equiped to handle HDMI in Motels - Hotels.... i mean its simple,,why would any owner buy all new TV's since theirs were already adjusted to a set amount of cable channels...

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I stay at Hilton every week. They have nice 46" flat screens with hdmi input, and you can use the menu button on the to to change input. Speakers work just fine from the tv via hdmi.

The problem is, after 5 minutes the tv reverts back to the Hilton channel. Every 5 minutes while on hdmi input, it sucks! I I just watch Netflix on my phone now.

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I stay at Hilton every week. They have nice 46" flat screens with hdmi input, and you can use the menu button on the to to change input. Speakers work just fine from the tv via hdmi.

The problem is, after 5 minutes the tv reverts back to the Hilton channel. Every 5 minutes while on hdmi input, it sucks! I I just watch Netflix on my phone now.

Pick up one of these:
Amazon.com: HDMI to Composite /S-Video Converter 3RCA CRT TV CVBS: Electronics

Or wait till I get mine to test it out first for quality.

My guess is what may be happening to you is the "unpowered" signal is probably so weak to that particular TV's input sensing circuitry it's reverting back to the Hotel's default channel cause it thinks nothing is plugged in after 6 min.

You will be able to view Netflix on most Hotels TV's too with the converter because it has S-Video or RCA's to TV's that don't have HMDI in.
Read the user reviews of the device on Amazon, "most" are happy with the pic quality through S-Video or RCA's.

I just ordered one for myself. I see them already rising in price probably due to demand as soon as the Droids got Neflix because I paid $47 with free shipping last week.

Tip: don't order from "Electronics Pro". They shipped it to me yesterday, but it now says "SHIPPING FROM HONG KONG" estimated delivery Aug 16th to Sept 1st".

* This is a bad business for this re-seller because they should have noted in description where it's shipping from like the others do.

My Brother who just got his came in 3 days from CA. I see another vedor shipping from NJ (and I live in NY).

I'm going to pay the extra few dollars, order another one from one of the other vendors and refuse delivery for the one shipping from HONG KONG. I always "hate" dealing with any of Amazon's re-sellers, but Amazon will credit me back if this seller does not refund my money quickly for the refused unit.

Last edited:

Bigdaddy649

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am currently able to run HDMI through my LG TV and / or my LG home theater system using a cable from radio shack. The only issue that I am having is with Media Hub. Rented movies won't play through HDMI. Does anyone know of a work around? Movies that I load directly to my phone from my pc work GREAT!

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I am currently able to run HDMI through my LG TV and / or my LG home theater system using a cable from radio shack. The only issue that I am having is with Media Hub. Rented movies won't play through HDMI. Does anyone know of a work around? Movies that I load directly to my phone from my pc work GREAT!

No, Media Hub does not allow the streaming of movies to a TV. Can you believe that? Who cares anyway? In my opinion, they can take their $25 credit and stick it. I'd never give them a penny. If more of us just ignored their site they would just die the quick death!

Just stream Netflix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers