This Month's Data Usage

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I was curious to see what everyone's data usage was this month. I am close to 15 gigs of data with my Charge with one day remaining.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Still have 21 days left kinda sad at my damage so far. Lol

a6f98460-8ba2-3098.jpg

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Its good to know that it's not just me. I really don't understand how I am using this much data. I don't tether or anything.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Haha I used almost 3gbs of data the first 5 days I had this phone. Use WiFi whenever I can. Also make sure to turn off mobile data when I have wifi.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
wow, thats a lot of data, WTF are they thinking of capping or tiering the data so low at 2 gb..on my BB Storm 1, as painfully as it is I have used over 250 mbs, I could only imagine if I had a decent web browsing phone...

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
They know exactly what they are doing with a tiered pricing scheme. Verizon stands to make a boat load of money. Scary thing is that I honestly don't feel like I have been using that much data.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Im at 2gb 11 days into my cycle. A large portion of that is from streaming game 5 of the nba western conference finals through the watchESPN app

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
They know exactly what they are doing with a tiered pricing scheme. Verizon stands to make a boat load of money. Scary thing is that I honestly don't feel like I have been using that much data.

Yeah I didn't either. Have to call #data quite a bit to stay on top of things.

bucrepus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is going to ?clean our clock? ( and pocketbooks) at some point when tiered data goes into effect! So much for using the phone like it was meant to be used?

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Again, I see no way that they could reasonably force us to change to tiered data, considering we've already signed on for unlimited. People on ATT with old iPhones still have the unlimited data package, as long as they haven't re-signed. If VZW starts treating their customers WORSE than ATT, they're gonna lose a TON of subscribers. They know this, I don't really see it happening. They've said before that they were worried about the iPhone5 hogging all the data, so expect it and all phones after it to have tiered data, but I see no reason to worry about them trying to change anything on us.

bucrepus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope they don't try to force tiered data down our throat. I just hope the dollar signs do not cloud their 'customer comes first' attitude, if they ever had one...

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
It'll be a bummer when it comes. But verizon is so consumed with making money that they almost don't really care about their customers. Or so it seems.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
As much as I would want to badmouth Verizon with the policies they've enforced or will soon enforce, they've been good to me for over 7 years. I've only had one major issue with them and it was a glitch in their system that didn't automatically withdraw funds for my monthly bill, that they didn't bother telling me until a month later after it was due. Part my fault because I should have checked, but they should have alerted me as well.

It is a shame that they're following suit behind AT&T's game, but things have changed ever since smartphones became popular. I'm willing to bet that when, not if, Verizon goes to a tiered program, they'll be a little more reasonable than AT&T with their prices. Pretty soon, you'll see T-Mobile and Sprint going down the same road. But that's why I am going ahead and buying a new DC tomorrow to lock in my unlimited data for the next two years. Even if they don't change to tiers until the end of the year, it's better safe than sorry.

Anyway, back on topic. Does anyone know why the DC is using so much data if no one tethers?

mrblahblah

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You really don't need to worry because you will be grandfathered in, as long as you are a verizon customer, and don't change your phone plan.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Wow... you guys are crazy!

I've used 1.1Gig in the two weeks I've owned the phone. I don't stream video, and have only streamed music for ~6hrs total so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes