06-24-2011 12:10 PM
72 123
tools
    i really like the charge so far. had it 6 days now. i am finding that it lags much more than the tb and the ui restarts more. it will lag then once i finally go back to the home screen it has to load the icons and widgets.

is the extra battery life and beautiful display worth the lag?
    06-19-2011 03:26 PM
    i really like the charge so far. had it 6 days now. i am finding that it lags much more than the tb and the ui restarts more. it will lag then once i finally go back to the home screen it has to load the icons and widgets.

Thats what I would like to know. To me its a real annoyance but then so would a crappy battery life.
    06-19-2011 03:32 PM
    Yeah some people are telling me the charge is the right choice. Some to tb. They each make good points. Would like some help from here

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk
    06-19-2011 06:26 PM
    Had the TB....took it back because...at the time, connections were terrible, battery was terrible, and the phone was as heavy as a brick. I had never gone to Sprint, so I went there and got the Samsung Nexus S 4g. Loved that phone...pure android...very fast, screen and battery were great. BUT.....I couldn't hold a signal...so....I went back to Verizon (ate crow) and got the Charge. IMHO...the charge is far superior to the TB. Screen, battery, weight, and sound quality. Now I understand the TB may be getting gingerbread. That's great, and I'm sure the phone will be better....but the screen vs the charge just eats too much power...and it still feels like a brick in my pocket. Your mileage my vary...
    06-19-2011 06:50 PM

Weird. I don't get any kind of a lag like that with my Charge and I'm not even rooted.
    06-19-2011 07:05 PM
    I checked to built in task manager an it using 278 out of the 328 available. Always.

I really loved the sense UI. I thought it was the best but the touch wiz is pretty cool. I don't talk on the phone much so I can't tell if the voice quality is better but the screen is amazing. And I can get through a whole day where I couldn't on to tb. Hopefully the lag works itself out

06-19-2011 07:11 PM
    Ever time I load of webpage with flash or a lot of graphics then hit the home button, to homescreen has to reload.

06-19-2011 07:52 PM
    Root and run a voodoo rom. This will make the charge as fast if not faster than the t bolt
    06-19-2011 08:30 PM
    I don't like messing with ROM's an stuff. I'm thinking about switching back

06-19-2011 08:49 PM
    Exactly what I did a bit of gummycharge and this phone blows away the tbolt and it has a unlocked bootloader

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-19-2011 09:57 PM
    I want to clarify what folks mean when they say "lag". For me, I'm referring to when a button is clicked and it lags before the action is actually performed. For example, when I click the home button or the return button when I'm in an app, it can take up to 4 seconds to actually perform the action. 4 seconds is on the high end and not the norm. It normally will take around two seconds or so. Like when I hit the messaging button from the home menu, it will take 2+ seconds for the message to actually display. Is this normal for android phones?
    06-19-2011 10:26 PM
    I don't like messing with ROM's an stuff. I'm thinking about switching back

Sure if you insist on using inferior programing and a slower phone, be my guest. ( I'm referring to a stock charge ). Its no secret that samsung's programer's suck. when people were waiting for the official froyo update for the fascinate because they didn't want to mess with roms and felt that the official release would be trouble free. They were wrong, the development community was better than samsung and it only took weeks to achieve vs month. If there was a problem with the rom's, it was because the leaked build had those inherit problems as well so the final version is generally the same thing as the leaked version but slower and all bloated up and of course the dreaded bing.

Its not hard to root and rom this phone, if you ever played with a charge that is rooted and romed, your head would be blown back by how fast this phone can be without the crappy samsung rfs filing.
    06-19-2011 10:29 PM
    Ever time I load of webpage with flash or a lot of graphics then hit the home button, to homescreen has to reload.

To test this, I just loaded GiantBomb which has lots of graphics/flash and then hit my homescreen and it loaded my homescreen instantly.
    06-20-2011 08:26 AM
    I want to clarify what folks mean when they say "lag". For me, I'm referring to when a button is clicked and it lags before the action is actually performed. For example, when I click the home button or the return button when I'm in an app, it can take up to 4 seconds to actually perform the action. 4 seconds is on the high end and not the norm. It normally will take around two seconds or so. Like when I hit the messaging button from the home menu, it will take 2+ seconds for the message to actually display. Is this normal for android phones?
    I just tested this now again and my biggest lag doing the things you mentioned was max a half second. Coming back to the homescreen from an app was virtually instantaneous. The longest lag I saw was going from the homescreen to the messaging app and that took perhaps a half second. It's certainly nothing I would notice and nothing that makes me think my Iphone was significantly faster.

One thing I did do was go to a 16gig class 10 card. I know that did shorten up the lag coming out of standby. That lag was noticeable until I changed the card. I still think the Iphone is faster coming out of sleep mode, even with my class 10 card, but it's no biggie to me.
    06-20-2011 08:32 AM
    This thread has been helpful. I knew I wanted to get one of the two pretty soon. Going to pick up a Charge later this week from Costco.
    06-20-2011 07:33 PM
    This shows Charge is faster and better

Quandrant is just not compatible with the Charge thats all
    06-20-2011 07:39 PM

Made my mind, going to get Charge tomorrow or Wednesday. Friend has TB and seems to like it but has never tried a Charge to compare too.
    06-20-2011 08:19 PM

Would you mind passing along the source of those graphics?
    06-20-2011 08:35 PM
    I had the thunderbolt(bought it full retail because my other phone was on its last leg) now I have an upgrade and ordered the charge and it will be here in a few days. All I can say is after having the tb since launch and going through 5 replacements the charge most likely will be a very welcomed guest lol. I was tired of being into verizon stores nearly everyday and not to mention the screen+battery life blow the tb out of the water. I will report back once my charge gets here and see how i like it.
    06-20-2011 08:59 PM
    Made my mind, going to get Charge tomorrow or Wednesday. Friend has TB and seems to like it but has never tried a Charge to compare too.
    I had the thunderbolt too and am switching to the charge should be here wed and I cant wait. I am so tired of the issues the thunderbolt has. I mean it feels like the phone was rushed just to be the first LTE phone. I mean come on they put out an update that actually made the phone worse lol. Not to mention it is much easier to root the charge if you like doing that.
    06-20-2011 09:01 PM
    Would you mind passing along the source of those graphics?
    AnandTech - Motorola Droid 3 Pops up in GLBenchmark - A Verizon XT883 with OMAP4

they were doing a test on droid 3, but i noticed these numbers so i thought they were interesting
    06-20-2011 09:01 PM
    Can you get a browser that will fit all text on the screen when you zoom in on the charge like the bolt does or do have to pan to read ? How's the browser on the charge? How well does the charge handle flash?
    06-24-2011 12:10 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD