Where do you go to change the default words while typing? For instance, I type "I'm" a lot, and everytime I spell "Im (space)"...it spells "important". Any help with this would be great. Thanks!
    05-31-2011 05:17 PM
    I had to install another keyboard. The stock one was messing with my typing to much. It also screwed up when I used phone my pc and typed on that. I got the free gingerbread keyboard in the market. I also like the way you save words better
    05-31-2011 06:39 PM
    If you hold down the box in a messege there will be a menu that pops up. go to input method and switch your keyboard.
    05-31-2011 09:23 PM
    Settings, Language and Keyboard, Samsung Keypad: uncheck XT9 (predictive text). Thats how I disabled the annoying feature.
    05-31-2011 11:50 PM
    Settings, Language and Keyboard, Samsung Keypad: uncheck XT9 (predictive text). Thats how I disabled the annoying feature.
    If you still want prediction/spell check, but just not auto-complete, go into XT9 advanced settings and either remove word completion or change the completion point to a higher number (only goes up to 5). I think by default the completion point is set to 2, so it starts to complete your words after the second letter is entered.
    expidia likes this.
    06-01-2011 12:25 AM
    I downloaded the Gingerbread keyboard, I like it, but the only thing I wish would work is the "Vibrate on keypress". In the settings, the option is checked, but doesn't work. Does this setting work for anyone or does this app need to be updated to work with the Charge?
    06-01-2011 11:20 AM
    I'm having the same issue here.
    06-01-2011 11:28 AM
    Found the fix. Go into Advance Settings in the Gingerbread keyboard settings and change the "Vibration intensity" to "Normal".

WARNING: May vibrate out of your hand.
    06-01-2011 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD