Connect connect to computer!

drmahou

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I'll admit I just joined hoping to find some answers/help as to the issue with my phone.

I just purchased the Droid Charge 3 days ago and today I attempted to connect it to my computer. I pull down the notification tab upon connecting the phone to my computer and turn on USB storage but my computer comes up with a box asking me to install drivers for the device.

I have no idea what to do, I just want to be able to access my phone to put my music on it, most likely using doubleTwist.

Can somebody please help?

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
What operating system are you using? Mine automatically installed the drivers when I plugged it to the USB port. I'm using Windows 7.

drmahou

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, it doesn't seem to be doing so. My computer keeps asking me to install drivers. What should I do? restart my computer and see if that works?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
How can i be sure that what's in that file is safe... Im gonna need more of an explanation and/or something that isn't as sketchy

Its reliable I posted it on my thread I wouldn't do that if it wasn't

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
okay. Ill take your word. So i just download and install the usb driver and then connect my phone and it should work?

Yeah but after you install the drivers put it in usb debugging mode then connect give it approx 4 mins to configure

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but after you install the drivers put it in usb debugging mode then connect give it approx 4 mins to configure

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk[/
QUOTE]

okay. I believe its automatically in usb debugging mode upon connecting

If you need to toggle it its found at
Settings> applications> development

Ghetto_Cowgirl

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't put it in my own PC if it wasn't safe, I know the site don't have all the fancy stuff, but it worked right away for me :)

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge using Tapatalk

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have one more possibility that I just thought of. Do you have a case on the phone? If so I have one case that keeps the USB plug from going all the way in it allows the phone to charge but not USB connect. If you have a case remove it and make sure the cord is all the way in the phone.

Farabomb

May 23, 2011
www.azpinstalls.com
Good point about the case. One of my curves was flaky like that. I also believe you can find the drivers if you have autorun set up. When I first plugged in my Charge it came up as a disk and I explored the folder and I'm pretty sure the drivers were in there.

bellison41

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem and I installed the drivers from one of the Rom\ Hacks for the Charge. I am also using Win7 and couldn't find the drivers. I didn't even see them on the Samsung site. So thank God the community of AC is the best. You can always find what you need or someone to help find it also.

drmahou

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I know! Thank you guys so much!!! I have my droid working and Im using doubletwist to sync my itunes with my phone. It uses a lot of cpu though on the phone should. Does anyone have any suggestions for a different app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781