Does 4G always stay connected on the Charge?

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a Thunderbolt and trying to figure out if its just VZW or its the actual phone. For those of you with the charge, is 4G always on? Meaning, when it has 4G, does it always work? For me, it will show that I am connected to 4G but when I try to browse, download, facebook, ect, it won't do anything. The up arrow goes but nothing down and it usually requires me to wait several minutes or restart the phone for the net to come back up.

ZacHolley

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the very same issue with my thunderbolt I am wondering about this myself because when asking at verizon store or on the phone they say its not normal but I have already tried 2 different bolts now..... but I cant return to try out a charge now....

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It happens on the Charge too. Not nearly as much as my Thunderbolt though. It seemed like it would happen multiple times a day with my Tb, whereas with my Charge, it happens about once every few days.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had the issue on both devices. But not quite as frequently or near as frustrating on the Charge. It's definitely an issue with verizons 4g network and how its communicating with these first gen LTE chips. Even have had issues with an LTE mobile hotspot device.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I dont seem to have that problem much, it has happened a couple times but happened a lot on the TB.
What I do have is the charge staying IN 4G, it seems that it doesnt get as good of a signal as the TB in my house and will drop to 3g a lot more, as a solution I can just use wifi in my house though wifi seems like it uses a little more power then 4G. Though today it has not gone into 3G once and I have wifi off

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay cool because I've been getting really frustrated with this thing not able to pull any data when it says that is in 4G. Knowing that the Charge has the same issue, although may not be as frequent, I may just have to hold off til the next generation of 4G LTE phones as I'm pretty tired of this, heh.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay cool because I've been getting really frustrated with this thing not able to pull any data when it says that is in 4G. Knowing that the Charge has the same issue, although may not be as frequent, I may just have to hold off til the next generation of 4G LTE phones as I'm pretty tired of this, heh.

Next time it flakes out go into about phone and see what the signal reads. If it is low then that's probably the problem. Another test is when it is running fine check the signal level, if reads high then its a signal issue. At my house I am in a fringe area and the data rate sucks. When I am in a strong signal area 4G runs great with no hiccups. Recently I surfed at 4g speeds for about 30 minutes with no problems, at home I'm lucky to get 3G.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Oh it doesn't matter if I am in my house, out in the middle of nowhere or in the middle of downtown Los Angeles, it doesn't discriminate where it wants to not work.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh it doesn't matter if I am in my house, out in the middle of nowhere or in the middle of downtown Los Angeles, it doesn't discriminate where it wants to not work.

The West Coast networks seem to have a lot of issues it seems. I mean I've never had any issues with not being able to browse on 4G. Heck, I even have a thread in the Thunderbolt forum showing that I finally broke the 50Mbps barrier last night.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
i finally had my first - lost 4G cant get mobile data back up. Restarted the phone, but I cant really say what helped since I was in a bad data area. Was on the highway, then 3G came, then 30 sec later 4G came up (going west on Long Island), and 4G stayed. I live in a very strong 4G area. I get any where from 10mb down/4up to 22 down/12 up consistently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar