Mobile hotspot wont open

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
So I have the mobile hotspot on one of my home screens but when I click on it to open it the screen flickers like it is switching to it then kicks me back to my home screen, it does the same thing if I go into the app draw and select it in there, kicks me back to the app draw and does not open.

I did open it when I first got the phone to make sure it worked though I never tested it.

Bought the phone on Saturday, it had trouble holding 4G so I exchanged it for a new one Sunday morning.

Phone is stock and I am running go launcher. Turned wifi on and off before starting it.

I did not update the phone so it is on the original firmware

Anyone know what to do ir try to get this working?

Thanks

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Same here not working at all switch totally unresponsive. Did master reset and it didn't help. I called Verizon and they don't have a clue yet. Mine was working fine until last night. Verizon said they would investigate. Im in the Chicago market you?

Last edited:

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ahhhhhh I was just gonna start a thread seeing if anyone else had this problem. Mine does the same thing. I was on the phone with VZ we went through the factory resets etc. lo and behold just as he was about to send me a new one he got an email/notice on his pc that this problem was happening with other phones. I laughed and said oh so your 200k programmers screwed up somewhere.
The upshot is its a know problem. All u can do is call them an have them go through the process and let them open up a trouble ticket. They know about it.

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to a Verizon Rep this morning about the mobile hotspot app on Droid Charge...She said they were aware of the issue and Samsung is working on a patch that should be ready early next week. She also said they will extend the mobile hotspot promo a month for Droid Charge users.

gunn353

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I am a Verizon rep and yes, all of the Charges have the Hotspot problem. It's only the Charge, all of our other LTE devices work perfectly as far as the Hotspot is concerned. The Charge launch was delayed, so maybe this is i correlation to that delay, not sure. Hope it gets fixed soon though!

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
well I rooted and can now use wifi tether, it should not be considered illegal tethering if it is free right?

I wonder what verizon will do if you pay for tethering (when it starts) but use an alternative app? I know there is a big thing about rooted phones tethering and not paying for it

etp1000

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with my phone (Charge) going from 4G to nothing (no service). The Verizon fix was to set the phone to 3G !!! Anybody else having a similar problem?

Thanks,
etp1000

waterfrontmgmt

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
i had that issue for a while...restarting or pulling the battery would fix it. some were able to put it in airplance mode and back.

i ended up having a 3rd party app i had to remove to solve my problem....but i can't remember the name of it.

asiancricket

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
work around

If you go to settings/ date and time/ and change to a May date, 05/31/2011, mobile hotspot will open up as normal. You only need to do this if you need to configure your mobile hotspot, otherwise get a toggle widget. I made a toggle widget using elixir and my laptop connects fine. (with automatic dating)

Gnarnar

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that Mobile Hotspot was down 3 days ago and ended up getting put through to tech dept. My question is. We only have this free til the 15th. Are we getting time added to the back end of the trial? I'm not sure if its going to be enough time to decide whether i want to continue this Hot Spot service ya know?!?! ;-) LOL

Vizsla_Buddy

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Your Verizon Rep Tops My Verizon Rep

I spoke to a Verizon Rep this morning about the mobile hotspot app on Droid Charge...She said they were aware of the issue and Samsung is working on a patch that should be ready early next week. She also said they will extend the mobile hotspot promo a month for Droid Charge users.

I called support on this issue. After 1.5 hours, they told me to go to the store. At the store, they worked on it for over an hour. They restored to factory settings, tried a new phone ... nothing. They gave me back my now wiped phone saying "sorry". Only at that time did it occur to me to google the problem and I found this.

Samsung Droid Charge Hotspot Fix Requires Going Back In Time

It explains everything. Back home for another 2 hours to get everything back on the phone.

Overall I like the device. This was just a bummer.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
ya If I have to call tech support or bring my phone into the store I usually start off by saying do not do a factory reset

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret