Mobile hotspot wont open

Verizonheadache

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Charge a little over 2 weeks ago. I came from a glitchy Palm pre Plus and loved the free mobile hotpsot, hated the phone. I wasn't sure that I would feel the hotspot necessary with the Charge as it has better capabilities than the Pre. So a big selling point in dropping 300 bucks for this phone was that I would have the opportunity to try out the hotspot for nearly a month.
Obviously I have no hotspot on my Charge. The app won't even open and the hotpsot selection in the phone settings is dead, does nothing when you tap it..
I called Verizon and they told me on 6/8/11 that there was a problem on their end and that it would be fixed that night or possibly today. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
I asked if they were going to extend the trial period and he said they probably would do something. Probably.
I really do not like Verizon. They deceived their clients and provide horrible customer service. It's not my choice to have service with them, another household member made that decision.

lmccombs11

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I read through the thread a little but may have overlooked it...

I installed Elixir app from the market
Added a 1x1 Elixir widget to the home screen
In the widget setup click the "x" at the top and select "Wi-Fi AP (Hotspot) switch"
It should turn on your hot spot...

Double_K#AC

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
An update came out this morning that should fix this issue.

Hmmm, I just received my Charge today. When I turned it on I received an upload right away. However I am having the issue with the hotspot not opening. Any thoughts? Is the hotspot now working for everyone else, if so what version does everyone have>

rambag3

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If you go to settings/ date and time/ and change to a May date, 05/31/2011, mobile hotspot will open up as normal. You only need to do this if you need to configure your mobile hotspot, otherwise get a toggle widget. I made a toggle widget using elixir and my laptop connects fine. (with automatic dating)

At least on my phone when changing the date any text message sent to me is lost and even after changing the date back messages that were already sent to me don't just show up. For example if you phone was off and texts were sent to you once you turn your phone on you get them, not so when the date is changed.

Metabolic602

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Not Cool

I was pretty excited about the promo Verizon was doing where i get a 15 day free trial of the hotspot software and NOW ITS NOT WORKING??! I didn't even get to try it and now I am furious!!

Also my charge has been lagging a bit...Since the day i got it!!! boooo:confused: