If the Droid Charge is fully charged (100%) and remains plugged in while being used, does this affect the charge cycles of the battery? What I mean is, does the phone stay fully charged and run off of the charger power, or does the battery drain slightly and go through numerous short charging cycles which could have a negative effect on battery life (i.e. when the battery needs to be replaced).

Sorry if this is a noob question! I'm just wondering if it is a good practice or not to use an outside power source when available (i.e. wall charger, car charger, USB port on PC) and while using apps that keep the phone in continuous use, like Navigation or Pandora or watching videos. Or is it better to let the phone fully discharge before charging again?

Thanks in advance!
    06-02-2011 09:50 AM
    Bump. Anyone got any thoughts on this question
    06-08-2011 12:21 PM
    I use it as an external drive even after it's fully charged and it doesn't seem to affect the cycling on my droid incredible.
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    You don't need to cycle batteries like years ago.
    turkishcoffee likes this.
    06-08-2011 12:33 PM
    If the Droid Charge is fully charged (100%) and remains plugged in while being used, does this affect the charge cycles of the battery? What I mean is, does the phone stay fully charged and run off of the charger power, or does the battery drain slightly and go through numerous short charging cycles which could have a negative effect on battery life (i.e. when the battery needs to be replaced).

Sorry if this is a noob question! I'm just wondering if it is a good practice or not to use an outside power source when available (i.e. wall charger, car charger, USB port on PC) and while using apps that keep the phone in continuous use, like Navigation or Pandora or watching videos. Or is it better to let the phone fully discharge before charging again?

Thanks in advance!
    My understanding is if its being used while fully charged, its running off the external power, therefore, not going thru the charge cycle. This is true of most phones.
    turkishcoffee likes this.
    06-08-2011 01:19 PM
    Thanks for the replies.
    06-09-2011 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD