07-06-2011 08:12 AM
136 12345 ...
tools
    Just picked up a Charge at Costco. As previously said, coupon is not needed. The standard 14 days to try the phone and not be locked into a new/renewed 2-year contract. You have 90 days to return/exchange the phone at Costco. Phone comes with a "bonus pack". You can choose from one of two bonus packs, one with a car charger, carrying case and wired headset and one with a car charger, carrying case and screen protector. They ran out of the ones with the screen protector so I took the one with the headset.
    Just wondering, how nice is the wired headseat. Because if it's anything speical I might get that bundle.
    06-10-2011 03:38 PM
    Just wondering, how nice is the wired headseat. Because if it's anything speical I might get that bundle.
    I haven't used mine yet, but my guess is that it's not worth the packaging it was put in.
    These accessories are by no means 'high quality'... in fact, I'm not sure they're a bonus, at all.

The bonus really is the 90 day return/exchange policy, and the extremely low pricing
    06-10-2011 03:44 PM
    I haven't used mine yet, but my guess is that it's not worth the packaging it was put in.
    These accessories are by no means 'high quality'... in fact, I'm not sure they're a bonus, at all.

The bonus really is the 90 day return/exchange policy, and the extremely low pricing
    I second this post.
    06-10-2011 09:00 PM
    Well, to officially answer my original question...

I went into Costco today, 3+ weeks since purchasing my Charge. No questions asked, they handed me $70 cash

All in all, the Charge cost me $180+tax. Man, tough to beat. I'm a happy camper
    06-10-2011 09:04 PM
    I second this post.
    Thanks you two, I think I'll be getting the screen protector package.
    06-11-2011 07:45 PM
    Thanks you two, I think I'll be getting the screen protector package.
    LOL... if you're trying to choose between the two free 'bonus' packages with regards to usefulness and/or quality... you could just as well flip a coin!

The Charge has Gorilla Glass... or so we're being told; which somewhat negates the usefulness of a screen protector, as well.

Dang, has anyone made use of this forum and actually bought their phone at Costco, yet? I think $180 is the best price going, but maybe I'm wrong?
    06-12-2011 09:44 AM
    I think I'll be buying one in the next couple of days from Costco.
    06-12-2011 11:36 AM
    Magic if you wanted the Bionic, you should have waited for it. What you "entitled" Costco members try to get away with is irritating. But Costco does do it to themselves. They cater to your every command like your **** doesn't stink. And that awful exchange policy should be stopped. I don't care if they want to keep it on all the other electronics, wireless devices should not be included in that. But im just ranting at this point.

To answer the question of the original poster, IF anybody will give you the $120 difference, it would be Costco, not WA (the wireless retailer in Costco). In no way should they exchange your device for a price difference (and yes, Costco members have tried that before). If Costco does give it to you, they will give it to you in the form of a cash card.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry but I can't bite my tongue any longer. I pay a membership fee for the privilege of shopping at Costco. Their amazing return policy is the reason that I shop almost exclusively there, even though I may find a better price elsewhere. I am constantly reading about people buying phones at VZW and returning it after 14 days to try a different phone or waiting for a better phone to come out. Why is that different? They return a perfectly good phone b/c they may not like something about it. Costco offers 90days for the same thing and now my **** doesn't stink. If Wireless Associates doesn't like this policy, they can leave costco. If the policy is so bad, why are they still there? It's because of this policy that people go to them instead of a VZW retailer or BB. Why aren't you complaining about BB's 30 day return policy? People spend a lot of money on these phones and they should have a decent amount of time to determine if their money was well spent. If I have a choice of 14, 30, or 90 days to make that determination, I'll take 90 every time. Btw. if costco's return policy (lifetime except for certain electronics) is so bad, why are they posting huge profits every year? Sorry but I'm just ranting as well
    06-12-2011 12:24 PM
    It sounds to me that the person ranting about the Costco return policy is someone that bought a phone at Verizon and is now beyond their 14 day exchange window and jealous Costco members have 90 days to return/exchange or price match
    06-12-2011 02:22 PM
    I'm sorry but I can't bite my tongue any longer. I pay a membership fee for the privilege of shopping at Costco. Their amazing return policy is the reason that I shop almost exclusively there, even though I may find a better price elsewhere. I am constantly reading about people buying phones at VZW and returning it after 14 days to try a different phone or waiting for a better phone to come out. Why is that different? They return a perfectly good phone b/c they may not like something about it. Costco offers 90days for the same thing and now my **** doesn't stink. If Wireless Associates doesn't like this policy, they can leave costco. If the policy is so bad, why are they still there? It's because of this policy that people go to them instead of a VZW retailer or BB. Why aren't you complaining about BB's 30 day return policy? People spend a lot of money on these phones and they should have a decent amount of time to determine if their money was well spent. If I have a choice of 14, 30, or 90 days to make that determination, I'll take 90 every time. Btw. if costco's return policy (lifetime except for certain electronics) is so bad, why are they posting huge profits every year? Sorry but I'm just ranting as well
    I, personally, don't have any issues with someone returning a phone to Costco because they are dissatisfied with it... I have an issue with people buying a phone from Costco with clear intentions on returning it for the next-best thing.

I bought my Charge at Costco precisely for the 90-day exchange policy. I think there's something not right about buying a high-grade electronic device that I rely on daily with a 14-day policy. I wouldn't buy at television or computer somewhere with no return policy, and I look at a phone similarly. The truth of the matter is, TVs and computers don't seem to have anywhere near the amount of bugs and issues as some phones that come out nowdays... I want to make sure I'm covered if this thing craps in 30-days.
    06-12-2011 04:14 PM
    So is Costco's policy that you can keep returning the phone every 90 days for a new one? Or can you only do this once?
    06-12-2011 05:16 PM
    You can return your phone in the first 14 days, and for 90 days you can exchange your phone for another.
    06-12-2011 06:17 PM
    You can return your phone in the first 14 days, and for 90 days you can exchange your phone for another.
    Yes, but what if I exchange after say 30 days for another phone. Do I have 90 days or 14 days again to exchange for yet another phone?
    06-12-2011 07:59 PM
    If I understand the policy correctly, It's 90 days from the original purchase. You can exchange as many times as you like. You just have to pay the difference in price of the phones (or get a refund depending on the price of the new phone) The 14 days is for the plan not the phone - just like any VZW store. After 14 days if you want out you have to pay an ETF
    06-12-2011 08:16 PM
    Just got my Charge at Costco today, pretty happy with it so far. I'll know if I'm keeping it for sure tomorrow though, when I check for the 4G signal at work.

So is Costco's policy that you can keep returning the phone every 90 days for a new one? Or can you only do this once?
    If you return the phone and get a new one, your original return policy still applies (as in, your new phone doesn't give you another 90 days to return. Otherwise you could get a new phone every 90 days forever).
    06-12-2011 08:20 PM
    I'm with you ShiZero - Just came home with a brand new Charge. $179 - not bad at all
    06-12-2011 08:40 PM
    If I understand the policy correctly, It's 90 days from the original purchase. You can exchange as many times as you like. You just have to pay the difference in price of the phones (or get a refund depending on the price of the new phone) The 14 days is for the plan not the phone - just like any VZW store. After 14 days if you want out you have to pay an ETF
    I'm glad to hear this. I picked up a Charge from there last Thursday and while its a nice phone, I think I want to try the Thunderbolt as well. The TB was my first choice but the battery life scared me off. I want to see for myself how the battery works. If its terrible, I will switch back to the Charge but I'm thinking I'll be happy with it.
    06-12-2011 08:47 PM
    Is the Costco deal for new customers only?
    06-13-2011 03:23 PM
    Nope works for existing Verizon customers as well.
    06-13-2011 03:30 PM
    Does anyone have a picture of the Charge's price in store next to the phone? Because Best Buy seems to think that this is an online deal only.
    06-13-2011 07:21 PM
    Don't have a picture, but I will confirm the price is available at the store itself, since that's where I got mine - for $179.
    06-13-2011 08:44 PM
    Does anyone have a picture of the Charge's price in store next to the phone? Because Best Buy seems to think that this is an online deal only.
    The online dealer and in-store dealer are two different companies. And it's not a sale, it's a coupon. You'd need to bring in the coupon from the June Costco book.

And while Costco matches others, others with price-match policies don't have to match Costco (so be nice), since there is a membership fee involved.
    06-14-2011 09:03 AM
    I bought one before the coupon and one with the coupon. The $120 is off the $299. The $249 price was a prior $50 coupon, so the current coupon price is $179. Also, they charge sales tax on the $299 not the full retail price that Verizon charges which in California amounts to an additional $23 savings. They also give you a free bonus pack which includes a case, car charger and either a screen protector or headset.

As for the phone I purchased before the coupon, they did a "price adjustment" and refunded $70.
    06-14-2011 10:02 AM
    Do you have a Costco locally to you? Big box stores (Bestbuy, Frys, etc) won't consider price matching Costco as there is a membership involved.
    06-14-2011 12:19 PM
    Do you have a Costco locally to you? Big box stores (Bestbuy, Frys, etc) won't consider price matching Costco as there is a membership involved.
    I do live near a Costco, except I have to go to Best Buy. Considering I have a $100 gift card with nothing else to spend it on.
    06-14-2011 07:23 PM
136 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD