$120 off at Costco... any way to get this back?

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Charge at Costco 2 weeks and 2 days ago... and now I see a discount coupon showed up in the mail for $120 off, starting June 6th.. Any chance they'll honor that price for me, or am I hosed?

For those of you considering picking up the Charge... might as well wait the few days until this sale starts. I believe BB will match prices, as well... but you'll have to check on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: rmanaka

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Dag nabbit.

I just got home and had a Costco sales flier. Oh, and my bad... the discount starts on June 9th.

hrdc69

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can get the $120 back as Costco will price match for up to 90 days if they lower the price within that 90 day period. I bought a Charge a few days ago and stopped by the booth today and showed them the coupon. They said come back June 9th and they will give me the difference.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
This is great news, sorry I misslead you but that is what I thought would be the policy. Also do you think that Best Buy would price match that price.

funkytown

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought my charge at the Verizon Store and then a week later they dropped the price $50 online so I called and the CSR told me they would not credit me the $50 difference. Was kind of ticked about that since I have been with Verizon since 2004.

Not sure about Best Buy but I seem to remember they use to give the difference within a certain time period. Can't hurt to find out.

ScottDroid

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought my charge at the Verizon Store and then a week later they dropped the price $50 online so I called and the CSR told me they would not credit me the $50 difference. Was kind of ticked about that since I have been with Verizon since 2004.

Not sure about Best Buy but I seem to remember they use to give the difference within a certain time period. Can't hurt to find out.

Should have just returned it then, and re bought it for $50 less.

ShotgunSam

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone help me out here. I am not a member of Costco. I bought my Charge at an authorized dealer that has a price match clause in the stuff I signed.

If I can get a copy of one of those coupons to take to the dealer, they will price match it. So if someone would be willing to scan and send it to me or to send it snail mail. I would greatly appreciate it.

rmanaka

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Charge at Costco 2 weeks and 2 days ago... and now I see a discount coupon showed up in the mail for $120 off, starting June 6th.. Any chance they'll honor that price for me, or am I hosed?

Ellje,

Did you notice if the $120 off was on Costco's already discounted price of $249 or was it off of the VZ retail price of $299? Either way a great price! (I'm away from home atm and not able to check to see if I received the new circular).

Thanks for posting!

shopman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ellje,

Did you notice if the $120 off was on Costco's already discounted price of $249 or was it off of the VZ retail price of $299? Either way a great price! (I'm away from home atm and not able to check to see if I received the new circular).

Thanks for posting!
It looks like it should be off there $249 - $120 = $129 I think I know what I will do.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
It would kind of surprise me if they take the $120 off of the $299 price... this phone has been $249 at costco from day one.

redskinsnut

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Charge last Friday. It will be 13 days when this coupon is valid. I have the coupon clipped to my fridge.

I bought my Charge from a non-franchise "mom and pop" Verizon store. He said I had two weeks to return it. Is it as simple as taking the phone back, getting full refund, and then driving over to Costco?

MagicMountainMan

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If I bought a Charge with the $120 coupon on the 9th and then returned the Charge for the Bionic down the road, would I have to pay the full difference from what I payed even though I had a coupon? If I do, I'd just get one today.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
If I bought a Charge with the $120 coupon on the 9th and then returned the Charge for the Bionic down the road, would I have to pay the full difference from what I payed even though I had a coupon? If I do, I'd just get one today.

That's a little shady to buy something now, if your only intention is to return it, used... no?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown