$120 off at Costco... any way to get this back?

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd only do it if the Bionic comes out to be the be-all end-all. If not I'll happily keep the Charge. =)

Magic if you wanted the Bionic, you should have waited for it. What you "entitled" Costco members try to get away with is irritating. But Costco does do it to themselves. They cater to your every command like your **** doesn't stink. And that awful exchange policy should be stopped. I don't care if they want to keep it on all the other electronics, wireless devices should not be included in that. But im just ranting at this point.

To answer the question of the original poster, IF anybody will give you the $120 difference, it would be Costco, not WA (the wireless retailer in Costco). In no way should they exchange your device for a price difference (and yes, Costco members have tried that before). If Costco does give it to you, they will give it to you in the form of a cash card.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Sapient2k7

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I bought my charge at the Verizon Store and then a week later they dropped the price $50 online so I called and the CSR told me they would not credit me the $50 difference. Was kind of ticked about that since I have been with Verizon since 2004.

Not sure about Best Buy but I seem to remember they use to give the difference within a certain time period. Can't hurt to find out.

Similar thing happened to me with my Epic 4G and Sprint. 5 Days after I bought it , it went down in price by $50 but they had no policy of price matching.

MagicMountainMan

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Magic if you wanted the Bionic, you should have waited for it. What you "entitled" Costco members try to get away with is irritating. But Costco does do it to themselves. They cater to your every command like your **** doesn't stink. And that awful exchange policy should be stopped. I don't care if they want to keep it on all the other electronics, wireless devices should not be included in that. But im just ranting at this point.

Yeah I see your point, I'm just abusing the system... I actually haven't gotten any phone yet and I'm still deciding on what I'm going to do, but after hearing this I'll just wait for the Bionic if I want it, that way I'm guaranteed the phone and I won't piss off a bunch of people (including reps) either.

You should tell this to the rest of the people that are lined up at Costco who are going to do the exact same thing!

Tueyjr

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to break away from the Bionic and make the jump for the Charge, especially now that there is a big discount. I just can't imagine using a 4.5" screen. I'd be like the BK little hands guy. Thank you all for the info on the coupon!!!!

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I was at best buy yesterday and asked the asociate if they have a price match with amazon. And supprisingly they said they didn't. Does that make any sense to you? The "leader" in mobile devices doesn't even price match all competators.

MagicMountainMan

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
^Not surprising. They'll tell you that they can't bring prices that low because they have overhead and commission to make on every one of those phones that they sell. Same with most brick and mortar Verizon 'affiliates', they just can't compete with the super low online prices. Costco on the other hand... I really have no idea how they do it.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
^Not surprising. They'll tell you that they can't bring prices that low because they have overhead and commission to make on every one of those phones that they sell. Same with most brick and mortar Verizon 'affiliates', they just can't compete with the super low online prices. Costco on the other hand... I really have no idea how they do it.
Hopefully Costco will let you use online pricing. But I'm still can't belive that best buy is doing that. Does the Verizon Store allow price match from online?

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully Costco will let you use online pricing. But I'm still can't belive that best buy is doing that. Does the Verizon Store allow price match from online?

Their in store price was 250 when I bought mine three weeks ago. I'm going to swing in today to try recoup the $120, ill report back here tonight.

butterflykiss12

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
It looks like it should be off there $249 - $120 = $129 I think I know what I will do.

I called and talked to the guy at my local costo and he said that it will be off the $299 price. So it will actually be $179. But still a great deal I think! :) I plan on going in on Friday and upgrading!

rmanaka

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but like you said $179 is still a great deal.

I agree. I called COSTCO yesterday as well and got the same 411...BUT, I went to my local Verizon Premium reseller (have two different within three miles...10 mi north of Philly, PA) and was able to negotiate two DCs at $129.99 and two Convoys (free after rebate) all with free car chargers and waived activations!!! I converted from an AT&T to a VZW family plan.

I know that a local VZW premium reseller store in Laguna Hills, CA is also willing to make great deals (I'm in the area once a month) so I'd suggest stopping into one or two of these Premium resellers if you are in the market for a 4G phone.

Downside is I don't have the COSTCO 90-day exchange or the bundled wired headsets and generic cases, but the prices were well worth the "sacrifice" IMO.

Only bummer so far is I'm in a little VZ 4G hole when I'm at my home (no too suprising since same for AT&T and somewhat with Clear...only get two bars of signal (~-100dBm) and I drop to 3G :'( ...go a block in any direction and I'm in super-fast 4G!

Anyway, I'm in the game!!! :D

Last edited:

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I called COSTCO yesterday as well and got the same 411...BUT, I went to my local Verizon Premium reseller (have two different within three miles...10 mi north of Philly, PA) and was able to negotiate two DCs at $129.99 and two Convoys (free after rebate) all with free car chargers and waived activations!!! I converted from an AT&T to a VZW family plan.

I know that a local VZW premium reseller store in Laguna Hills, CA is also willing to make great deals (I'm in the area once a month) so I'd suggest stopping into one or two of these Premium resellers if you are in the market for a 4G phone.

Downside is I don't have the COSTCO 90-day exchange or the bundled wired headsets and generic cases, but the prices were well worth the "sacrifice" IMO.

Only bummer so far is I'm in a little VZ 4G hole when I'm at my home (no too suprising since same for AT&T and somewhat with Clear...only get two bars of signal (~-100dBm) and I drop to 3G :'( ...go a block in any direction and I'm in super-fast 4G!

Anyway, I'm in the game!!! :D

That's what I like to hear! I was hoping this coupon would be useful for non-costco members trying a pricematch as well! I didn't make it to Costco last night... having a new baby can force some changes in plan!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01