$120 off at Costco... any way to get this back?

rmanaka

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
That's what I like to hear! I was hoping this coupon would be useful for non-costco members trying a pricematch as well! I didn't make it to Costco last night... having a new baby can force some changes in plan!

Congratulations on the new family member!!! Thanks for all of your posts as well...very useful!!!

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So if anyone uses the Costco coupon to get their Charge or TB, please post back with details. I'm going to visit Costco this evening...may pickup the Charge or TB.

AlamoKid

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Costco $120 off

Went down to Costcos at 10 am. The Droid Charge was retailing at $179 dollars. You did not need the coupon. Unfortunately for me, I wanted to upgrade to the Droid Charge since I was now eligible for a discount on a phone, but the current plan I have will not allow me to upgrade to that price without changing my current plan. I have had this plan for almost 16 years and it is a very cheap plan. The lady at the Kiosk told me that I had to change my plan to the current plans in order to get that price. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she told me the same thing. Went to about 6 different cell phone dealers to see if I could get a better price. No luck, I had to change my plan. Went to Amazon wireless and Wirefly same thing. Finally gave in and went to an Authorized Verizon Wireless center and got the Droid Charge for $299. And yes, I tried to get a discount on the price but no luck.

Despite all the trouble, I really like this phone.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Went down to Costcos at 10 am. The Droid Charge was retailing at $179 dollars. You did not need the coupon. Unfortunately for me, I wanted to upgrade to the Droid Charge since I was now eligible for a discount on a phone, but the current plan I have will not allow me to upgrade to that price without changing my current plan. I have had this plan for almost 16 years and it is a very cheap plan. The lady at the Kiosk told me that I had to change my plan to the current plans in order to get that price. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she told me the same thing. Went to about 6 different cell phone dealers to see if I could get a better price. No luck, I had to change my plan. Went to Amazon wireless and Wirefly same thing. Finally gave in and went to an Authorized Verizon Wireless center and got the Droid Charge for $299. And yes, I tried to get a discount on the price but no luck.

Despite all the trouble, I really like this phone.
This is good news to hear that you don't need the coupon to get the price.

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a Charge at Costco. As previously said, coupon is not needed. The standard 14 days to try the phone and not be locked into a new/renewed 2-year contract. You have 90 days to return/exchange the phone at Costco. Phone comes with a "bonus pack". You can choose from one of two bonus packs, one with a car charger, carrying case and wired headset and one with a car charger, carrying case and screen protector. They ran out of the ones with the screen protector so I took the one with the headset.

coulter6

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
My wife got her Charge on May 16th for $299 - $50 off = $249 total.

Went in to Costco today and the Charge is selling for $179 so I asked about the price being reduced from when we bought it. The clerk said we could get $70 back, no coupon required. So we ended up paying $179.

Costco is the place to go for a phone.

Last edited:

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a Charge at Costco. As previously said, coupon is not needed. The standard 14 days to try the phone and not be locked into a new/renewed 2-year contract. You have 90 days to return/exchange the phone at Costco. Phone comes with a "bonus pack". You can choose from one of two bonus packs, one with a car charger, carrying case and wired headset and one with a car charger, carrying case and screen protector. They ran out of the ones with the screen protector so I took the one with the headset.
Just wondering, how nice is the wired headseat. Because if it's anything speical I might get that bundle.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, how nice is the wired headseat. Because if it's anything speical I might get that bundle.

I haven't used mine yet, but my guess is that it's not worth the packaging it was put in.
These accessories are by no means 'high quality'... in fact, I'm not sure they're a bonus, at all.

The bonus really is the 90 day return/exchange policy, and the extremely low pricing :)

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used mine yet, but my guess is that it's not worth the packaging it was put in.
These accessories are by no means 'high quality'... in fact, I'm not sure they're a bonus, at all.

The bonus really is the 90 day return/exchange policy, and the extremely low pricing :)

I second this post.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, to officially answer my original question...

I went into Costco today, 3+ weeks since purchasing my Charge. No questions asked, they handed me $70 cash :)

All in all, the Charge cost me $180+tax. Man, tough to beat. I'm a happy camper :)

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks you two, I think I'll be getting the screen protector package.

LOL... if you're trying to choose between the two free 'bonus' packages with regards to usefulness and/or quality... you could just as well flip a coin!

The Charge has Gorilla Glass... or so we're being told; which somewhat negates the usefulness of a screen protector, as well.

Dang, has anyone made use of this forum and actually bought their phone at Costco, yet? I think $180 is the best price going, but maybe I'm wrong?

ckstou

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Magic if you wanted the Bionic, you should have waited for it. What you "entitled" Costco members try to get away with is irritating. But Costco does do it to themselves. They cater to your every command like your **** doesn't stink. And that awful exchange policy should be stopped. I don't care if they want to keep it on all the other electronics, wireless devices should not be included in that. But im just ranting at this point.

To answer the question of the original poster, IF anybody will give you the $120 difference, it would be Costco, not WA (the wireless retailer in Costco). In no way should they exchange your device for a price difference (and yes, Costco members have tried that before). If Costco does give it to you, they will give it to you in the form of a cash card.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I can't bite my tongue any longer. I pay a membership fee for the privilege of shopping at Costco. Their amazing return policy is the reason that I shop almost exclusively there, even though I may find a better price elsewhere. I am constantly reading about people buying phones at VZW and returning it after 14 days to try a different phone or waiting for a better phone to come out. Why is that different? They return a perfectly good phone b/c they may not like something about it. Costco offers 90days for the same thing and now my **** doesn't stink. If Wireless Associates doesn't like this policy, they can leave costco. If the policy is so bad, why are they still there? It's because of this policy that people go to them instead of a VZW retailer or BB. Why aren't you complaining about BB's 30 day return policy? People spend a lot of money on these phones and they should have a decent amount of time to determine if their money was well spent. If I have a choice of 14, 30, or 90 days to make that determination, I'll take 90 every time. Btw. if costco's return policy (lifetime except for certain electronics) is so bad, why are they posting huge profits every year? Sorry but I'm just ranting as well :mad:

hrdc69

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It sounds to me that the person ranting about the Costco return policy is someone that bought a phone at Verizon and is now beyond their 14 day exchange window and jealous Costco members have 90 days to return/exchange or price match

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but I can't bite my tongue any longer. I pay a membership fee for the privilege of shopping at Costco. Their amazing return policy is the reason that I shop almost exclusively there, even though I may find a better price elsewhere. I am constantly reading about people buying phones at VZW and returning it after 14 days to try a different phone or waiting for a better phone to come out. Why is that different? They return a perfectly good phone b/c they may not like something about it. Costco offers 90days for the same thing and now my **** doesn't stink. If Wireless Associates doesn't like this policy, they can leave costco. If the policy is so bad, why are they still there? It's because of this policy that people go to them instead of a VZW retailer or BB. Why aren't you complaining about BB's 30 day return policy? People spend a lot of money on these phones and they should have a decent amount of time to determine if their money was well spent. If I have a choice of 14, 30, or 90 days to make that determination, I'll take 90 every time. Btw. if costco's return policy (lifetime except for certain electronics) is so bad, why are they posting huge profits every year? Sorry but I'm just ranting as well :mad:

I, personally, don't have any issues with someone returning a phone to Costco because they are dissatisfied with it... I have an issue with people buying a phone from Costco with clear intentions on returning it for the next-best thing.

I bought my Charge at Costco precisely for the 90-day exchange policy. I think there's something not right about buying a high-grade electronic device that I rely on daily with a 14-day policy. I wouldn't buy at television or computer somewhere with no return policy, and I look at a phone similarly. The truth of the matter is, TVs and computers don't seem to have anywhere near the amount of bugs and issues as some phones that come out nowdays... I want to make sure I'm covered if this thing craps in 30-days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey