07-06-2011 08:12 AM
136 123 ...
tools
    I bought my Charge at Costco 2 weeks and 2 days ago... and now I see a discount coupon showed up in the mail for $120 off, starting June 6th.. Any chance they'll honor that price for me, or am I hosed?

For those of you considering picking up the Charge... might as well wait the few days until this sale starts. I believe BB will match prices, as well... but you'll have to check on this.
    rmanaka likes this.
    06-03-2011 05:35 PM
    I think your just out of luck. By the way where did you get this info.
    06-03-2011 05:36 PM
    Dag nabbit.

I just got home and had a Costco sales flier. Oh, and my bad... the discount starts on June 9th.
    06-03-2011 05:40 PM
    Yes you can get the $120 back as Costco will price match for up to 90 days if they lower the price within that 90 day period. I bought a Charge a few days ago and stopped by the booth today and showed them the coupon. They said come back June 9th and they will give me the difference.
    06-03-2011 05:44 PM
    This is great news, sorry I misslead you but that is what I thought would be the policy. Also do you think that Best Buy would price match that price.
    06-03-2011 05:50 PM
    I bought my charge at the Verizon Store and then a week later they dropped the price $50 online so I called and the CSR told me they would not credit me the $50 difference. Was kind of ticked about that since I have been with Verizon since 2004.

Not sure about Best Buy but I seem to remember they use to give the difference within a certain time period. Can't hurt to find out.
    06-03-2011 06:25 PM
    I bought my charge at the Verizon Store and then a week later they dropped the price $50 online so I called and the CSR told me they would not credit me the $50 difference. Was kind of ticked about that since I have been with Verizon since 2004.

Not sure about Best Buy but I seem to remember they use to give the difference within a certain time period. Can't hurt to find out.
    Should have just returned it then, and re bought it for $50 less.
    06-03-2011 07:30 PM
    Can anyone help me out here. I am not a member of Costco. I bought my Charge at an authorized dealer that has a price match clause in the stuff I signed.

If I can get a copy of one of those coupons to take to the dealer, they will price match it. So if someone would be willing to scan and send it to me or to send it snail mail. I would greatly appreciate it.
    06-03-2011 08:40 PM
    I bought my Charge at Costco 2 weeks and 2 days ago... and now I see a discount coupon showed up in the mail for $120 off, starting June 6th.. Any chance they'll honor that price for me, or am I hosed?
    Ellje,

Did you notice if the $120 off was on Costco's already discounted price of $249 or was it off of the VZ retail price of $299? Either way a great price! (I'm away from home atm and not able to check to see if I received the new circular).

Thanks for posting!
    06-03-2011 08:58 PM
    Ellje,

Did you notice if the $120 off was on Costco's already discounted price of $249 or was it off of the VZ retail price of $299? Either way a great price! (I'm away from home atm and not able to check to see if I received the new circular).

Thanks for posting!
    It looks like it should be off there $249 - $120 = $129 I think I know what I will do.
    06-04-2011 04:05 PM
    Please, please post this coupon. It would help a boatload of us!
    06-04-2011 04:39 PM
    Just got this in the mail. Anyone ask at the store if this is off of $299 or $249?
    mully likes this.
    06-04-2011 05:40 PM
    I went to the store and they said it would likely be off of the 300.
    06-04-2011 06:17 PM
    Just got this in the mail. Anyone ask at the store if this is off of $299 or $249?
    Thank you........awesome person......for posting this!!
    06-04-2011 06:40 PM
    It would kind of surprise me if they take the $120 off of the $299 price... this phone has been $249 at costco from day one.
    06-04-2011 11:44 PM
    Thanks for the post, going to run by today.
    06-05-2011 09:29 AM
    I bought my Charge last Friday. It will be 13 days when this coupon is valid. I have the coupon clipped to my fridge.

I bought my Charge from a non-franchise "mom and pop" Verizon store. He said I had two weeks to return it. Is it as simple as taking the phone back, getting full refund, and then driving over to Costco?
    06-05-2011 09:40 AM
    If I bought a Charge with the $120 coupon on the 9th and then returned the Charge for the Bionic down the road, would I have to pay the full difference from what I payed even though I had a coupon? If I do, I'd just get one today.
    06-05-2011 12:08 PM
    If I bought a Charge with the $120 coupon on the 9th and then returned the Charge for the Bionic down the road, would I have to pay the full difference from what I payed even though I had a coupon? If I do, I'd just get one today.
    That's a little shady to buy something now, if your only intention is to return it, used... no?
    06-05-2011 12:53 PM
    I'd only do it if the Bionic comes out to be the be-all end-all. If not I'll happily keep the Charge. =)
    06-05-2011 01:03 PM
    thanks for sharing - hope this works within the 90 day return policy...
    06-05-2011 07:03 PM
    Do you mind scanning the whole flier? I am going to try to get it price matched.
    06-05-2011 10:36 PM
    I'd only do it if the Bionic comes out to be the be-all end-all. If not I'll happily keep the Charge. =)
    Magic if you wanted the Bionic, you should have waited for it. What you "entitled" Costco members try to get away with is irritating. But Costco does do it to themselves. They cater to your every command like your **** doesn't stink. And that awful exchange policy should be stopped. I don't care if they want to keep it on all the other electronics, wireless devices should not be included in that. But im just ranting at this point.

To answer the question of the original poster, IF anybody will give you the $120 difference, it would be Costco, not WA (the wireless retailer in Costco). In no way should they exchange your device for a price difference (and yes, Costco members have tried that before). If Costco does give it to you, they will give it to you in the form of a cash card.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    06-05-2011 10:58 PM

Similar thing happened to me with my Epic 4G and Sprint. 5 Days after I bought it , it went down in price by $50 but they had no policy of price matching.
    06-06-2011 12:06 AM
    Magic if you wanted the Bionic, you should have waited for it. What you "entitled" Costco members try to get away with is irritating. But Costco does do it to themselves. They cater to your every command like your **** doesn't stink. And that awful exchange policy should be stopped. I don't care if they want to keep it on all the other electronics, wireless devices should not be included in that. But im just ranting at this point.
    Yeah I see your point, I'm just abusing the system... I actually haven't gotten any phone yet and I'm still deciding on what I'm going to do, but after hearing this I'll just wait for the Bionic if I want it, that way I'm guaranteed the phone and I won't **** off a bunch of people (including reps) either.

You should tell this to the rest of the people that are lined up at Costco who are going to do the exact same thing!
    06-06-2011 01:44 AM
136 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD