Screen getting dimmer?

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Droid Charge for about two weeks ago and I'm feeling that my screen isn't as bright as it used to be. Its on max brightness but just seems to lack that 'wow' factor now that you see among Samsung's amazing SUPER AMOLED screens. I dunno if I'm getting crazy and its hard to verify since you guys can't look at my screen to see if its alright or not. I'll have to check out a Droid Charge from our equipment room at the VZW call center to compare screens (currently checked out by the other reps).

I am disappointed by its white levels when I compared it to a Motorola Droid X, not as vibrant. I also have an inactive Samsung Epic 4G and the whites there have a definite blue tint compared to the X. The X has great whites but the Samsung blew it away in all the other color reproduction IMO.

Anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just you. Have you checked to see if you have 'power savings mode' on? When on the internet, there's a separate setting for brightness too.

redskinsnut

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I am not a fan of the auto brightness. I was outside today and the screen was way way too dark. I ended up just turning it off and cranking up the brightness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL