Getting texts from OZMAIL?

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I searched the entire forum and all threads for "ozmail", but nothing came up. After the past week I've been receiving numerous texts that states "OZMAIL CI=(then a lot of numerical and alpha characters.). The number that it sends from is: 118012222357

I've yet to call Verizon about this matter, but figured someone around here may be experiencing the same thing.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not yet but since getting my charge I have gotten 2 span text messages from companies I don't know.

Sent from my Droid Charge

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
It is internet email to sms text spam. Here is how to stop it (be sure to scroll down and read the details):

How to Stop SMS Text Spam and How to Report SMS Txt Msg Spam - The Internet Patrol

You can call Verizon and 1) ask for a credit on the SMS spam and 2) ask them to block internet-to-sms emails to your phone. That way the only sms messages you will receive will be from smartphones.

I may just try having them block the number. I actually use internet-to-sms emails for some of my sports teams. I'll give that site a looksie. Thanks.

Utnapishtia

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
funny you guys mention this...my buddy came home with a phone over the weekend with the same thing.

It's relating to leaving something (aim or email) running on an old phone..and not shutting it off. Something to do with data stored on Verizon's servers (im assuming some sort of cache). I found it looking for him.

"That's because OZmail is not spam. It's a function built by your carrier to allow SMS alerts for new email to be sent to your phone by a third-party email service provider" Copied from a site I found searching google for OZmail.

Read more: How to Stop Ozmail Text on Verizon | eHow.com How to Stop Ozmail Text on Verizon | eHow.com

The funny thing is the verizon store told him it was an app he downloaded...haha. He didn't even have one on his phone yet.

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I came from a feature phone from a feature phone to my first droid. Within 2 hours of setting my phone up I started getting ozmail sms. I ended up with about 25 in the first 3 days. Googled ozmail and came up with all the headache's people have had with getting it to stop. So I called VZ CS. Told them about it the guy looked up ozmail and there was a notice about it. Asked if I had email set up on my old phone. I did not said not to worry they would handle it. 2 weeks go by then i start getting the ozmail crap again. I called VZ back they transferred me to tier 2 support. The young lady said it was a Verizon service they use. She said reply "STOP" she did some stuff in my account and I have been oz free for a few more weeks now. Hope this helps.

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I came from a feature phone from a feature phone to my first droid. Within 2 hours of setting my phone up I started getting ozmail sms. I ended up with about 25 in the first 3 days. Googled ozmail and came up with all the headache's people have had with getting it to stop. So I called VZ CS. Told them about it the guy looked up ozmail and there was a notice about it. Asked if I had email set up on my old phone. I did not said not to worry they would handle it. 2 weeks go by then i start getting the ozmail crap again. I called VZ back they transferred me to tier 2 support. The young lady said it was a Verizon service they use. She said reply "STOP" she did some stuff in my account and I have been oz free for a few more weeks now. Hope this helps.

I've tried replying back with "stop" but no dice...Guess I'll just keep replying...

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with vzw cs. They ended up transferring me to a tech where they then searched my number in some sort of system to make sure I have been removed from the list. She also told me to reply to the OZMAIL message with a all caps "STOP" no quotes. So I'll give it until I get back from Bonnaroo to say if this is a solution to the problem.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm speaking to VZW tech support, and they are telling me that it is because I had mobile email on a pre-existing device, and that these are notifications from that. This is why by going into whatever email accounts you had set up on your mobile email, and disabling notifications, they should stop. Hope this helps.
I did have to have them issue a trouble ticket.. and they should be able to put a stop to it. I also did go into my yahoo mail and deleted my cell phone number from all my settings.

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I just have my email setup on my blackberry curve. I activated it a week or two ago to test if the phone still worked. No way I'll be taking my Charge to Bonnaroo. Once I get back from the festival I'll wipe the blackberry and see if it helps as well. Thanks guys.

cmarks03

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just started getting these on my Charge since the EE1 or EE4 update (can't say for sure because I applied both the same day). When I try to open the message it disappears from the list. I'm using Go SMS Pro instead of the stock Messaging application (it's effectively disabled so I don't know if it would be giving me the same problems). The culprit (at least for me) seems to be syncing Yahoo! Mail to the stock Email app on the phone (though it's just a guess).

I did see "Yahoo! Mail for Verizon" under my Yahoo account info "Manage App and Website Connections". When I delete it I get an error on the phone that I have to re-authenticate, but none of those texts. I've switched to using the Yahoo! Mail app from the market and so far so good.

roppb

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I got a few sms's from them a few weeks ago, but haven't since. Hopefully replying "stop" worked...? I'm just using the Gmail app that came with the phone, and haven't used any other non-stock email apps, so I'm not sure why I got them to begin with.

humphy

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
i just started getting the ozmail texts also last week.
VZW told me to reply "stop" I did it and 1 hour later i received another ozmail text. I called vzw back and the next rep told me i may need to wait a billing cycle for it to stop.....

Media Tribe

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Text Messages from 118012222357 OzMail

After the 1st couple of Text messages, I called Verizon. I had switched from a Charge to a Thunderbolt and Verizon told me it was because of one of the apps that I had downloaded for the Charge but was not using on the Thunderbolt. I contacted the developer and informed him of the problem. He was helpfull and said he would work on it. I have since uploaded the app on the Thunderbolt and hope this solves the problem.

Good luck!

I searched the entire forum and all threads for "ozmail", but nothing came up. After the past week I've been receiving numerous texts that states "OZMAIL CI=(then a lot of numerical and alpha characters.). The number that it sends from is: 118012222357

I've yet to call Verizon about this matter, but figured someone around here may be experiencing the same thing.

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
I got one after the EE4 update? I'm not sure Verizon has any clue why these are showing up and the reasons they suggest don't apply to me.

Anyway, I responded with 'stop' and so far so good.

cbanning

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I got one after the EE4 update? I'm not sure Verizon has any clue why these are showing up and the reasons they suggest don't apply to me.

Anyway, I responded with 'stop' and so far so good.

I bought a new charge, transferred my sim card and ad card from a tb. First time the charge booted was the first time I got such a text. I've since gone back to the tb and am now getting them on that. How could vz allow such a thing. I don't want to pay any additional charges. Help, please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc