Getting texts from OZMAIL?

jhorwege

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Just called Verizon. Just tell them its about OZMAIL and they need to send you to a level 2 tech. Mine found 2 instances in my account that were calling for these notifications. He disabled both of them. No more 2-4am messages. (I hope).

hillview

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody had this issue resolved? I started getting these texts with my 2nd replacement charge. I'm on number 4 now and still have this issue. I have called Verizon 7 times now and they don't know what to do!!!!!!!

morphius501

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I rooted and installed gummycharged 2.0 yesterday on my charge, at some point during the day I started receiving the texts. Poked around online and found it was something to do with email getting forwarded to text or some such. I assumed it was gmail since that was the only account i had setup so far.

doing some more poking around i looked at the string of odd numbers and noticed MC=xxxx and during my checking around of email accounts and settings online - I was looking for anything to do with sms forwarding so i could disable it - I noticed the number was the same number as my AOL email inbox. I sent a few emails to that account and sure enough, I got the same amount of texts back and each time the MC=xxxx count increased.

I then deleted my inbox, and sent myself an email and bam. MC=1. I knew it was tied to my AOL account, and on a whim I went ahead and sent "STOP" no quotes to the text I received. I sent a few more texts to my gmail and AOL accounts, and so far so good. I have no idea if this is an AOL specific thing, or just general email. So I suppose you could check the MC=xxxx and compare it to whatever inboxes you have set up to figure out which email service is the culprit. But all in all sending STOP seemed to work for me so far.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: hillview

dbell525

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I isolated my texts to hotmail so i enabled text notification(which weren't enabled) and changed the notifications to none. Pretty frusrating but that stopped them.

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
This is a Verizon thing. Ozmail is a service they use. If you find a Verizon tech that knows about it, they can stop these notifications. It took a couple of trys for me to find someone atVZW that was aware of it. They fixed it though. Just call tech support 1-800-922-0204 and keep asking until they put you through to someone whos knows how to stop the OZMAIL notifications!

legomyeggroll

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I started getting massive amounts of text messages from OZMAIL as well, and after looking for the answer everywhere on the internet, I finally fixed the problem using the following combination:

I sent a few emails to that account and sure enough, I got the same amount of texts back
I sent an email to every email account I had until I found the one that would trigger the text to come up on my phone.

I isolated my texts to hotmail so I enabled text notification(which weren't enabled) and changed the notifications to none. Pretty frusrating but that stopped them.

Then I did exactly the above - the account that was affected was hotmail, so I went to my inbox, clicked on "options" in the top right corner, clicked on more options, then clicked on the last option under "Reading Mail" called "Mobile alerts for new messages." At first I overlooked this because it wasn't enabled, but then I read the above post I quoted and sure enough, you have to sign up for it, then go back under the preferences and disable it (to do that, I had to click on "sign up for windows live mobile" again in order to bring up the options for it, then you can find "Set up Alerts preferences").

After doing this, I sent another email to myself on that account, and voila - no more OZMAIL text messages.

I hope this helps someone!!!

dbell525

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Glad I could help.

I started getting massive amounts of text messages from OZMAIL as well, and after looking for the answer everywhere on the internet, I finally fixed the problem using the following combination:

I sent an email to every email account I had until I found the one that would trigger the text to come up on my phone.

Then I did exactly the above - the account that was affected was hotmail, so I went to my inbox, clicked on "options" in the top right corner, clicked on more options, then clicked on the last option under "Reading Mail" called "Mobile alerts for new messages." At first I overlooked this because it wasn't enabled, but then I read the above post I quoted and sure enough, you have to sign up for it, then go back under the preferences and disable it (to do that, I had to click on "sign up for windows live mobile" again in order to bring up the options for it, then you can find "Set up Alerts preferences").

After doing this, I sent another email to myself on that account, and voila - no more OZMAIL text messages.

I hope this helps someone!!!

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody had this issue resolved? I started getting these texts with my 2nd replacement charge. I'm on number 4 now and still have this issue. I have called Verizon 7 times now and they don't know what to do!!!!!!!

VZW can place a stop on anything you want stopped.. i recieved a text that had a pic in it, and in a few was told by VZW that "That service cost 10 bucks a month" i told VZW i didnt ask for it and certainly was not aware of extra cost and to block all such calls text etc from my phone.. so that ended that..now to get rid of those "groupons" they drive me nutty since they come in as email and i think its important from a friend only to see i can get a widget for 50 cents.. or whatever..

Wanderist

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The only way I got them stopped was to uninstall my third party SMS client. For some reason, GOSMS would grab the email notification as a text message from OZMAIL. Once I uninstalled the SMS client, the Ozmail texts stopped. Its happened with Handsent SMS and GoSms, so I think it has something to do with the notification itself.
Wish I could fix it because I LOVE GoSMS

derrickj66

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Back in March 2012, I began to receive these OZmail Text messages. Though Verizon tried to block them, they still coming at a rate of 15 to 20 a day. I ended up downloading a free apps "Mobile Manager" that finally blocks all these text messages. Two months later, I am still getting these messages at the same rate.

dbell525

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I isolated my texts to hotmail so i enabled text notification(which weren't enabled) and changed the notifications to none. Pretty frusrating but that stopped them.

naplesshoe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I just started to have this same issue with my Razr HD Maxx over this past weekend and it drove me nuts. I upgraded from a Charge about one month ago. When I read about push notifications, it occurred to me that the problem was probably related to the YouVersion Bible app that I installed over the weekend. I forgot that the app enables push notifications by default. I opened the app, went to settings and disabled push notifications. Problem solved. I'll let the developer know about this.

If you are having the same issue, check which apps have push notifications and disable them one by one until the problem goes away.

thomc123

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
June 23, 2013
There is nothing you can do- Verizon has to do it. You have to get a rep that knows how to change the notifications. Hit option 3 for technical support and get Tier 2 support. Tier 1 support has no clue- I asked for a supervisor 3 times and every time the lady would put me on hold an dcome back and tell me she was going to try something else- even wanted to do a full reset of my phone. Then asked me if verizon sold me a used phone- I was crazed. She never got me the supervisor but got a tier 2 (t2) rep and she took care of it in a quick minute.
AGAIN YOU CANNOT DO IT WITHOUT CALLING IN - OPTION 3 for Tech support and make sure you get a tier2 rep and tell them you need notifications changed becasue you keep getting OZMAIL. If you mention OZmail and someone doesn;t know what it it- tell them to transfer you- this problem has been going on with verizon for 2 years.
AHHHHHHH but its done- FINALLY! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool