07-01-2011 12:53 AM
48 12
tools
    I still have some lag even with launcher pro and disabling window animations. I may root in the future, especially if CM7 comes out with support for the charge.

Sent from Droid Charge using Tapatalk
    06-08-2011 11:25 PM
    I still have some lag even with launcher pro and disabling window animations. I may root in the future, especiaylly if CM7 comes out with support for the charge.

What exactly is CM7? Is it the Mack daddy ROM?
    06-08-2011 11:52 PM
    Pretty much

06-09-2011 12:06 AM
    I tried using go launcher last week and I still prefer launcher pro over it. I just can't stand the horizontal scrolling in the app draw with the go launcher. With launcher pro you have the 3d app drawer like on the stock gingerbread on the nexus S.
    I downloaded Go Launcher EX last night.....so far, so good! SMOOTH as butter! You can switch the app drawer to vertical scrolling in the settings. One of the first things I did!

Thanks for the info, guys.
    06-09-2011 08:58 AM
    I downloaded Go Launcher EX last night.....so far, so good! SMOOTH as butter! You can switch the app drawer to vertical scrolling in the settings. One of the first things I did!

Thanks for the info, guys.
    Even though its vertical scroll I'm spoiled by the 3d effect in the app drawer just like the stock gingerbread on the nexus phones.
    06-09-2011 11:03 AM
    start up lag is due to memory card scanning, try backing up all the contents of your memory card to your computer, then format the card and startup should be alot faster
    Anybody who wants decent performance from SD storage (especially apps2sd) on this phone needs to replace the SD card. Put in a Class 6 card, or better, if you want it to do well running apps and reading/writing data from/to it.

The Samsung DROID Charge ships with an incredibly slow Class 2 microSDHC card. They cut a big corner there in performance while keeping the sales specs looking good by putting the slowest card they could find in it and only stating the capacity, so that 32GB card isn't such a selling point when they didn't even bother with a mediocre Class 4.
    KB3MMX likes this.
    06-09-2011 04:36 PM
    Anybody who wants decent performance from SD storage (especially apps2sd) on this phone needs to replace the SD card. Put in a Class 6 card, or better, if you want it to do well running apps and reading/writing data from/to it.

The Samsung DROID Charge ships with an incredibly slow Class 2 microSDHC card. They cut a big corner there in performance while keeping the sales specs looking good by putting the slowest card they could find in it and only stating the capacity, so that 32GB card isn't such a selling point when they didn't even bother with a mediocre Class 4.
    Exactly!!

It is a Disgrace that they put a piece of CRAP Class 2 card in this phone just so people would get excited over the 32Gb capacity.....it's slow as hell and completely unsuited to ANY device that Videos in HD.

Major flaw from VZW morons or Samsung !!

Anyway, put a better card in the Charge and the performance jumps to life!
    I run a Class 10 card and the phone is extremely snappy!
    06-09-2011 08:18 PM
    Mine came with a class4
    06-09-2011 08:21 PM
    I have a Droid charge being sent to me to replace my disastrous thunderbolt. I'm pumped about having a stable device again but I am concerned about the lagging issues. What are some ways, tips and tricks, whatever you want to call it, ways to prevent or do away with lagging?? Non rooted by the way. I would love to root but I get very intimidated just when reading the root instructions... Anyways... TIA
    Mine seemed to have diminishing lagging the first several days, maybe up to a week. The phone now is fast and smooth after use ad getting all my apps setup.
    I don't understand why it did this but my HTC Incredible acted the same way when it was new then became smooth and fast.
    The new EE4 update just sweetened it up even more!

Mine came with a class4
    Mine had a clear "2" on the card.
    Maybe they realized their mistake of putting a improper speed class 2 SD card on some of the early Charge's.

06-09-2011 08:28 PM
    Would getting a higher class be a significant boost in performance if apps/data were moved to the SD card, versus it being on the phone (by default)? I only ask because I've got just under 1GB left in the internal memory, and that's with most of my apps installed. So I've got plenty of room.

But if there's a system-wide performance boost with an SD card, I've got no issue with upgrading.
    06-09-2011 08:53 PM
    Mine came with a class4
    Mine is class 4 as well.
    06-09-2011 09:34 PM
    Mine came with a class 2
    06-10-2011 08:50 AM
    Mine came with a class 4 as well. Purchased the first day the charge came out.
    06-10-2011 09:42 AM
    Mine is class 2, and I just got this phone a week ago.
    06-10-2011 12:08 PM
    Mine came with Class 2. 3 weeks old, purchased at Costco...

I'm also curious if there'd be a significant boost in speed if I put in a higher class card. Cards are cheap.
    06-10-2011 01:58 PM
    I was reading reviews on Amazon on these things and I get the impression that smart phones as of this date do not need higher class cards. And I am not sure they are "cheap." A 32 GB class 6 micro sd card will cost you at least 50 bucks.
    06-10-2011 09:20 PM
    Mine came with a Class 4, my phone seems quite snappy considering its still stock.
    06-10-2011 11:12 PM
    I checked the market for Go Launcher and only found Go Launcher EX. Is that the same?
    Yes it's the same. Sorry. I should have mention the EX part. You'll enjoy it more than Touch Wiz, promise.
    06-20-2011 10:30 AM
    I think the laggy-ness (outside of having a slower filesystem) has to do with the way it's coded. Has anyone else here used an app only to go back to the homescreen and find all their widgets missing? The homescreen is essentially crashing and having to reload every time that happens, it's a bug that definitely needs fixing.
    06-20-2011 10:43 AM
    Mine seemed to have diminishing lagging the first several days, maybe up to a week. The phone now is fast and smooth after use ad getting all my apps setup.
    I don't understand why it did this but my HTC Incredible acted the same way when it was new then became smooth and fast.
    The new EE4 update just sweetened it up even more!

Mine had a clear "2" on the card.
    Maybe they realized their mistake of putting a improper speed class 2 SD card on some of the early Charge's.

Yep. I have a Class 4 also. Will probably buy a better card someday but not right now. Sure is nice that its hot swappable. No battery removal. Smart.
    06-20-2011 10:50 AM
    I think the laggy-ness (outside of having a slower filesystem) has to do with the way it's coded. Has anyone else here used an app only to go back to the homescreen and find all their widgets missing? The homescreen is essentially crashing and having to reload every time that happens, it's a bug that definitely needs fixing.
    I've never had that happen to me.
    06-20-2011 11:57 AM
    I've never had that happen to me.
    I notice it primarily happens when I open up the "app drawer" as opposed to opening an app already on my home screen. Not sure why.
    06-20-2011 01:49 PM
    I did search first, I promise... Any recommendations on which SD card to purchase? Obviously not very knowledgable on the subject, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
    07-01-2011 12:53 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD