Best ways to prevent/do away with lagging on the charge?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Than what would be the point of a memory card? Especially when some apps need the memory card to work, like medscape for example.

I'm not saying don't have a memory card.this is just for trouble shooting purposes . To show its not a lag due to the system. Its due to the phone scanning the sdcard.the more data on the sdcard the longer the scan time

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Gravytrain

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the info folks, it is greatly appreciated. I was outta town today so missed my delivery but my charge will be here in the am. I think I'll be installing go launcher first thing for smoothness. I cant wait to box this tbolt up and send it back to big red.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried using go launcher last week and I still prefer launcher pro over it. I just can't stand the horizontal scrolling in the app draw with the go launcher. With launcher pro you have the 3d app drawer like on the stock gingerbread on the nexus S.

cltatenza

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I still have some lag even with launcher pro and disabling window animations. I may root in the future, especially if CM7 comes out with support for the charge.

Sent from Droid Charge using Tapatalk

mully

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I tried using go launcher last week and I still prefer launcher pro over it. I just can't stand the horizontal scrolling in the app draw with the go launcher. With launcher pro you have the 3d app drawer like on the stock gingerbread on the nexus S.

I downloaded Go Launcher EX last night.....so far, so good! SMOOTH as butter! You can switch the app drawer to vertical scrolling in the settings. One of the first things I did!

Thanks for the info, guys.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Go Launcher EX last night.....so far, so good! SMOOTH as butter! You can switch the app drawer to vertical scrolling in the settings. One of the first things I did!

Thanks for the info, guys.

Even though its vertical scroll I'm spoiled by the 3d effect in the app drawer just like the stock gingerbread on the nexus phones.

trk6640

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
start up lag is due to memory card scanning, try backing up all the contents of your memory card to your computer, then format the card and startup should be alot faster

Anybody who wants decent performance from SD storage (especially apps2sd) on this phone needs to replace the SD card. Put in a Class 6 card, or better, if you want it to do well running apps and reading/writing data from/to it.

The Samsung DROID Charge ships with an incredibly slow Class 2 microSDHC card. They cut a big corner there in performance while keeping the sales specs looking good by putting the slowest card they could find in it and only stating the capacity, so that 32GB card isn't such a selling point when they didn't even bother with a mediocre Class 4.

Reactions: KB3MMX

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Class 2 SD cards Suck !!

Anybody who wants decent performance from SD storage (especially apps2sd) on this phone needs to replace the SD card. Put in a Class 6 card, or better, if you want it to do well running apps and reading/writing data from/to it.

The Samsung DROID Charge ships with an incredibly slow Class 2 microSDHC card. They cut a big corner there in performance while keeping the sales specs looking good by putting the slowest card they could find in it and only stating the capacity, so that 32GB card isn't such a selling point when they didn't even bother with a mediocre Class 4.

Exactly!!

It is a Disgrace that they put a piece of CRAP Class 2 card in this phone just so people would get excited over the 32Gb capacity.....it's slow as hell and completely unsuited to ANY device that Videos in HD.

Major flaw from VZW morons or Samsung !!

Anyway, put a better card in the Charge and the performance jumps to life!
I run a Class 10 card and the phone is extremely snappy!

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid charge being sent to me to replace my disastrous thunderbolt. I'm pumped about having a stable device again but I am concerned about the lagging issues. What are some ways, tips and tricks, whatever you want to call it, ways to prevent or do away with lagging?? Non rooted by the way. I would love to root but I get very intimidated just when reading the root instructions... Anyways... TIA

Mine seemed to have diminishing lagging the first several days, maybe up to a week. The phone now is fast and smooth after use ad getting all my apps setup.
I don't understand why it did this but my HTC Incredible acted the same way when it was new then became smooth and fast.
The new EE4 update just sweetened it up even more!:D

Mine came with a class4

Mine had a clear "2" on the card.
Maybe they realized their mistake of putting a improper speed class 2 SD card on some of the early Charge's.

anon(344812)

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Would getting a higher class be a significant boost in performance if apps/data were moved to the SD card, versus it being on the phone (by default)? I only ask because I've got just under 1GB left in the internal memory, and that's with most of my apps installed. So I've got plenty of room.

But if there's a system-wide performance boost with an SD card, I've got no issue with upgrading.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine came with Class 2. 3 weeks old, purchased at Costco...

I'm also curious if there'd be a significant boost in speed if I put in a higher class card. Cards are cheap.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21