Maps, Google Maps update

mikedo

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I down loaded the update of google maps and street view and installed it. When I go to maps I get the old version without the compas view and no street view. If i go to maps.google.com/ in my browser I get a much more detailed map but still no street view. I tried uninstalling my maps with the plan of reinstalling the updated mobile google maps but since maps is part of the bloatware I can't. My GPS is often off by a mile (I think its better if I'm moving) I think its going to the nearest cell tower when I'm stationary. any suggestions would be welcome.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the location services turned on. I just installed the latest Google Maps and turned on all three location services and I do see business names and more detail than before.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I down loaded the update of google maps and street view and installed it. When I go to maps I get the old version without the compas view and no street view. If i go to maps.google.com/ in my browser I get a much more detailed map but still no street view. I tried uninstalling my maps with the plan of reinstalling the updated mobile google maps but since maps is part of the bloatware I can't. My GPS is often off by a mile (I think its better if I'm moving) I think its going to the nearest cell tower when I'm stationary. any suggestions would be welcome.

Just curious, when I had the GPS problem this is what I noticed. The turn by turn directions were vary accurate, but the final destination was off. Are you seeing the same thing?

mikedo

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have all the location services checked and do have names of local businesses showing but the blurb about the new ugrade says its suppose to be more like what we see when we use google maps on a computer and when I go to the web site on my phones browser I get a more detailed (and more accurate) map (what I expected the upgrade is suppose to be). I haven't used it for turn by turn directions yet. My experience with my old blackberry was that the maps were more accurate when I was moving. Still no street view. I have noticed that if I turn the gps off at the top notification bar and turn it back on it is more accurate when I click maps, otherwise my guess is that it goes to the local cell tower ( thats what the blackberry did for a long time until verizon made a change as I recall).