06-13-2011 04:24 PM
43 12
tools
    It works for me on TouchWiz and GO Launcher EX. Make sure auto brightness is turned off. Touch the top of the screen (where you see all of your notifications) and wait a sec or so. Then slide your finger across the screen. Left dims, right brightens. Keep trying, you'll get it! :-)
    Thank you, that worked. The key phrase is "wait a sec or so". If you hold it then swipe it works. If you just touch and swipe at the same time it won't. Pretty neat actually.
    06-08-2011 09:46 PM
    Maybe it's a TouchWiz thing? I'm not getting the brightness change either. I'm using LauncherPro.
    Im running launcher pro and it works for me.

RS
    06-08-2011 10:58 PM
    it's actually a tad different from what ive noticed. if you tap and hold down on the notification bar the brightness will adjust to roughly the area you are touching. meaning that if you hold down on the far left corner it will lower the brightness all the way down and if you hold down on the right corner it will adjust to full brightness. no need to swipe just hold down until it adjusts.
    06-09-2011 03:46 AM
    Yep full bright on the right side and dim on the left or start in the middle and go left to adjust what u need

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-09-2011 05:36 AM
    I tried 10 times and it didn't work but I finally got it. Hold you finger until the notification bar shows then slide--works!
    06-09-2011 07:53 AM
    it's actually a tad different from what ive noticed. if you tap and hold down on the notification bar the brightness will adjust to roughly the area you are touching. meaning that if you hold down on the far left corner it will lower the brightness all the way down and if you hold down on the right corner it will adjust to full brightness. no need to swipe just hold down until it adjusts.
    This is exactly the real trick! Thanks!
    06-09-2011 12:49 PM
    Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right venue but I am a noob with android. What do I do with apps I have purchased? If I go to the marketplace will it show I've downloaded them before and autodownload or do I need to repurchase them all over again? With regards to doing an update to EE4 if I downgrade and wipe my rooted ED1 device.

Thanks!
    06-09-2011 12:59 PM
    Nice little trick...thanks!
    06-09-2011 01:06 PM
    Nice, this works so much better than going into Quick Settings.
    06-09-2011 02:41 PM
    Any other useful tips for noobs?
    Thanks
    06-09-2011 02:41 PM
    I don't consider myself a noob but didn't know the brightness thing. Thanks.
    06-09-2011 02:49 PM
    Once you tap the top and hold for a second you can drag it left or right just like if there was a slider there. Thanks!
    06-09-2011 03:08 PM
    OP is right but i guess when I hear 'swipe' i think of a fairly quick gesture but if you move it once activated you can adjust it as well. The holding down in an area will also work if you know exactly the level of brightness you would like (i.e. full brightness or full darkness or anywhere in between)
    06-10-2011 12:23 AM
    Your apps will follow your phones google account so of you factory reset etc they will re download, get a new phone it follows you.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-10-2011 08:48 AM
    I came across a new to me thing last evening. Go to your contacts, and I usually tap the contact name once to get to the next screen with the "call" option. Instead of tapping, swipe to the right and it will go to messaging, or swipe to the left and it will dial the contacts' phone number.... y'all probably knew that... but it was news to me!
    06-11-2011 09:30 AM
    There should be a sticky started with these types of tricks, sips and shortcuts. I'm new to androids and when I got my blackberry storm there was a long list of these types of helps and it saved me a lot of time and frustration. I could really use that with this phone with all the variables.
    06-13-2011 01:31 PM
    The brightness adjust is only working in manual mode for me. Oh, well, pretty cool either way.
    06-13-2011 02:13 PM
    Okay, so call me a n00b, but will these features continue to work on the various custom ROMs, specifically GummyCharged? I like alot of the little TW customizations OTHER than the launcher, and I see in the GC screenshots that the power control toggles in the notification bar are still there, I'm just wondering whether these other features will remain intact as well, or are they removed from most custom ROM's?
    06-13-2011 04:24 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD