06-13-2011 09:46 PM
187 ... 34567 ...
tools

1) Boot into recovery by holding VOLUME UP+HOME+POWER button all at the same time
    2) Scroll to Update with the volume up/down rocker
    3) Select with HOME key
    4) Sit back and let it do it's thing....takes 3-5 minutes to complete
    Is there another version of CWM for the Charge? The one I have, you can't go back in menus, nor do any of the hardkeys work aside from power (which functions as ok/enter). So I've always had to reboot by taking out the battery.
    06-09-2011 08:47 PM
    I found a description of what all the ee4 update includes, moderately significant if you ask me.

Software Update: DROID CHARGE BY SAMSUNG

Sent from Droid Charge using Tapatalk

there you go fear , im deodexing now
    1e96b63a1f25.SCH-I510_ED2_update.zip

Mine worked with it named update.zip

1) Boot into recovery by holding VOLUME UP+HOME+POWER button all at the same time
    2) Scroll to Update with the volume up/down rocker
    3) Select with HOME key
    4) Sit back and let it do it's thing....takes 3-5 minutes to complete

Thank you all very much!

Also, update did not work. Update.zip worked great. After reading all of this, I actually put the full original filename, as well as a copy named update.zip in the root directory of the SD card, and it worked flawlessly. EE4, and Mobile HotSpot is now working again! Yay!
    06-09-2011 08:51 PM
    Ok so I am new at most of this so my first question is will this help the issue with signal strength?
    If so how can I do the update manually? Can I use a MAC to do it? I do not have a PC.
    Thanks for helping the new guy....
    06-09-2011 10:32 PM
    Used the leaked OTA EE4 update, and now I lost 4g, anyone else having 4g problems...PLease tell me there's a 4g outage
    06-09-2011 10:54 PM
    Used the leaked OTA EE4 update, and now I lost 4g, anyone else having 4g problems...PLease tell me there's a 4g outage
    nope. goin strong as usual where I live.
    06-09-2011 11:05 PM
    nope. goin strong as usual where I live.
    Damn it!!

What now?
    06-09-2011 11:12 PM
    restart the phone? you're not using JuiceDefender are you?
    06-09-2011 11:17 PM
    restart the phone? you're not using JuiceDefender are you?
    Restarted 4 times....toggled airplane mode 4 times, reflashed EE4 update, nothing changes...no 4g.

Nope, no task killers at all.
    06-09-2011 11:56 PM
    Restarted 4 times....toggled airplane mode 4 times, reflashed EE4 update, nothing changes...no 4g.

Nope, no task killers at all.
    Try going to settings -> wireless and then toggle cdma (automatic). Give it a second to pick up a 3g signal then change it back to LTE automatic.
    06-10-2011 01:13 AM
    Try going to settings -> wireless and then toggle cdma (automatic). Give it a second to pick up a 3g signal then change it back to LTE automatic.
    Haha nice to know someone uses the same exact method as I do. Too bad the EE4 update does not really improve my 4G reception or anything though. I have a spot in my room that gets a solid 4G connection for a while until it mysteriously stops receiving data (though the 4G signal icon remains, sigh...), in which case I perform the same exact steps as you outlined to get things working again.
    06-10-2011 03:37 AM
    I hust tried that without success
    06-10-2011 05:54 AM
    The update has screwed up some of the android market apps on my phone. Some of my apps are now showing incapatibility with my charge. They worked fine before.
    06-10-2011 06:11 AM
    So from reading the posts from those that have the update, it seems that nobody is saying it improves reception. Not good.
    06-10-2011 07:11 AM
    there you go fear , im deodexing now
    1e96b63a1f25.SCH-I510_ED2_update.zip
    Is this the official update, so does it update ROM and Radio?

THX
    06-10-2011 07:39 AM
    I updated last night. So far no problems. They added another bar to make it five, seems to have better connection. I noticed the browser works much better. Some sites that would lock up and freeze now load quickly and smoothly. I think its been a very good update for the short amount of time ive had it.
    06-10-2011 08:08 AM

THX
    I would also like to know about usin the file for updating the radio files since this would be my main reason for doing the EE4 update.

THX
    06-10-2011 08:34 AM
    Have most people still not gotten the OTA update? It seems to be rolling out very slowly.
    06-10-2011 09:29 AM
    I have not seen anything yet
    06-10-2011 09:40 AM
    Nothing here either.
    06-10-2011 10:14 AM
    Have most people still not gotten the OTA update? It seems to be rolling out very slowly.
    No update here either. Maybe by Tuesday of next week a poll should be taken to see how many people have received the update.
    06-10-2011 10:23 AM
    New to all of this but am interested in the update, as my phone isn't doing HotSpot I'm assuming I haven't had the update pushed to me. Do I have to be on a G4 network to use/install update and how do I utilize the zip file earlier posted to install the update?
    06-10-2011 10:30 AM

THX
    It is, though it says ED2, it really is EE4.
    06-10-2011 10:33 AM
    I still haven't got it yet either really hope it makes this phone not so lagy
    06-10-2011 10:39 AM
    New to all of this but am interested in the update, as my phone isn't doing HotSpot I'm assuming I haven't had the update pushed to me. Do I have to be on a G4 network to use/install update and how do I utilize the zip file earlier posted to install the update?
    I know it is tempting to d/l the ZIP file posted earlier. But you might want to wait -- one never knows with these things; could be there's a bug in the update [being pushed out by VZ and potentially captured in the ZIP file] and that's why it is rolling out slowly (they're fixing it?), or could be the ZIP file isn't what it is cracked up to be [because VZ changes the update on the fly as needed]. No-one knows.

To fix your HotSpot isn't that hard:
    1) d/l Elixir App: https://market.android.com/details?id=bt.android.elixir
    2) go to the menu screen (far left hard button), choose WIDGETS
    3) add a 1x1 bar widget (or whatever size you want) (do not close/save yet)
    4) click on a blank spot on the bar before you add it, include the "Wi-Fi- AP (Hotspot) switch"
    5) Save
    6) Now you can turn on/off the hotspot whenever you want

That's pretty easy -- easier than downloading an unknown ZIP update...
    plus you might like Elixir.

The only issue I had with it is that I needed to change my hotspot settings. (The settings screen won't even work anymore!) To do that, I just changed the date to 5/15, changed the settings, changed it back, all without leaving the settings menu, so didn't cause much disruption in the calendar/etc. area.

You'll get the update eventually -- why rush it if this is your only issue?

Hope that helps.
    06-10-2011 10:45 AM
    I can say that is sage advice, but its also a bit of a slam on those who work hard to put out the fixes for the users who want to move forward and enhance their phones.

I can tell from the devs we have working on the Charge that they know their stuff and that as they always state, they are not responsible for what you do to your own phone. So if you are uncomfortable then don't do it, but that also goes to everything else. Maybe you should root, use CWM, install a custom kernel. After all anything you do that changes the phone from factory stock voids your warranty and could brick it.

That said caution is always best, if you don't know what you are doing, ASK, sure some forums are a bit more harsh than others but you can tell who will help answer noob questions and those that won't. I personally have sent PM's to several devs involved and received their help, but I also make notes on everything I do and have learned how to fix issues.

That is my $.02.
    06-10-2011 11:21 AM
187 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD