06-13-2011 10:46 PM
187 ... 45678
tools
    I can say that is sage advice, but its also a bit of a slam on those who work hard to put out the fixes for the users who want to move forward and enhance their phones
    Not sure if you were referring to my (immediately) prior post or not. If you were...
    I just want to clarify something -- in no way did I intend to criticize anyone in the non-VZ/Samsung community (i.e. the great people here) indirectly, directly, mildly or otherwise. When I said "could be there's a bug in this update" I was referring to the update pushed out by VZ (and presumably captured in the ZIP file, unless our community is even better than I thought!).

And, really, the advice was given because the poster sounded like he was unsure what to do and a bit of a novice. I'm certainly *not* any kind of an expert, but given there's a non-invasive easy work-around to his only issue, thought worth the advice to avoid the ZIP for now lest it create more problems and hassle than it solves.

And...well....if you weren't.....NVM.

(The dev community here *rocks* -- love them. Many thanks to them.)
    06-10-2011 02:07 PM
    I applied the update. Piece of cake. Sent it to my non technical friend with quick self written instructions, and she applied it too..

Overall, excellent update. I had terrible, and I mean terrible screeching on my voice calls. Sadly, that has been reduced dramatically, but not entirely eliminated.

All other fixes are solid.
    06-10-2011 02:10 PM
    I applied the update. Piece of cake. Sent it to my non technical friend with quick self written instructions, and she applied it too..

Overall, excellent update. I had terrible, and I mean terrible screeching on my voice calls. Sadly, that has been reduced dramatically, but not entirely eliminated.

Did you get it OTA or through the link that DroidXcon had posted?
    06-10-2011 02:29 PM

Are you seeing a difference in 3G sensitivity as well as solid handoffs from 4G to 3G and vice versa?
    06-10-2011 03:53 PM
    Still tapping my foot, here.

How long might we have to wait on this?
    06-10-2011 04:43 PM
    Did you get it OTA or through the link that DroidXcon had posted?
    I grabbed it from XDA, but I'm pretty sure it was the same one posted here.

4G to 3G hand off seems to be relatively seemless, though to be fair, I have not tested that one other than real world driving and observing.

For those waiting for the update.. this is it. If there are any last minute changes, it will not be EE4.. it will be another named build. I would grab the update and do it yourself. It's no different than if it comes OTA.
    06-10-2011 04:51 PM
    I am back on Stock Rooted ED1, and instead of going right to EE4, my stupid phone is trying to install ED2 again. So I guess I might as well put CWM on and load the EE4 file so I can get the radio firmware.
    06-10-2011 05:15 PM
    Just to confirm with everyone...

I went ahead and grabbed the EE3 posted on XDA, and my stats are as follows:

BASEBAND VERSION
    i510.06.V.EE4
    SCH-I510.EE1

BUILD NUMBER
    SCH-I510.EE4

For those that have done a real OTA update to EE4, do these match?
    06-10-2011 05:24 PM
    there you go fear , im deodexing now
    1e96b63a1f25.SCH-I510_ED2_update.zip
    Can't get this to get past the triangle when loading. help please
    06-10-2011 05:28 PM
    Still tapping my foot, here.

How long might we have to wait on this?
    Could be several days from what I've read.
    06-10-2011 07:26 PM

For those waiting for the update.. this is it. If there are any last minute changes, it will not be EE4.. it will be another named build. I would grab the update and do it yourself. It's no different than if it comes OTA.
    Except if you were one of the unfortunate few that had an issue installing it, Verizon could say it wasn't their fault. If you waited for the OTA update, you have every right to hold Verizon responsible for anything that went wrong. At least that's how I view it.
    06-10-2011 07:28 PM
    Except if you were one of the unfortunate few that had an issue installing it, Verizon could say it wasn't their fault. If you waited for the OTA update, you have every right to hold Verizon responsible for anything that went wrong. At least that's how I view it.
    ...which can easily be solved by flashing back to ED1 and updating all over again to ED2 and EE4 if there are indeed any issues. By that time the EE4 update should have gone out OTA anyway.
    06-10-2011 07:48 PM
    Has the EE4 update been rolled out to everyone yet? I have my charge on ED2 from ED1 stock but my phone says I am up-to-date? Manual update wont work says it can't validate it from stock Samsung CMW
    06-10-2011 11:04 PM
    ok, so tonight i finally decided to pull the trigger on the EE4 update. I was on the most current AB rom and took a deep breath before i started on to the downgrade.

disable voodoo lagfix...... check

download stock ED2 to ED1 rom ...... check

Odin flash ED1 rom ........ check

got OTA update to ED2 ..... .check

install ED2 update........ check

then i prepared to download the EE4 update.zip from XDA, but first i decided to check my stats.

low and behold, i was already on build# SCH-I510.EE4 !

guess there is no need to download the leak EE4 file anymore. seems after u flash from AB to stock ED1 rom and accept the OTA after, viola... ur official EE4
    robbie1288 likes this.
    06-11-2011 12:35 AM
    Just got the OTA, installing now.
    06-11-2011 01:03 AM
    Finally got the OTA after my phone randomly rebooted after hanging up from a call.

Sent from Droid Charge using Tapatalk
    06-11-2011 01:19 AM
    I hadn't received the OTA yet.. So I downloaded the update, renamed it and stuck it on my SD Card. Mainly fumbling I rebooted into download mode. Watch the phone show up in Odin, then unplugged, put in battery and booted back up... Update available.. Coincidentally I believe I rebooted right on midnight. So did it pull the update from my card or did I just happen to get the OTA rollout tonight?
    06-11-2011 01:20 AM
    I hadn't received the OTA yet.. So I downloaded the update, renamed it and stuck it on my SD Card. Mainly fumbling I rebooted into download mode. Watch the phone show up in Odin, then unplugged, put in battery and booted back up... Update available.. Coincidentally I believe I rebooted right on midnight. So did it pull the update from my card or did I just happen to get the OTA rollout tonight?
    Sounds like you got the OTA. Plus you don't load the EE4 update through odin when it's the 'update.zip' file. That is only flashable via stock recovery by holding the volume up+home key+power button and waiting for the samsung logo to flash twice (on the second one let go and it will go into recovery) Then you would go to install update.zip locate the file and install that way. So you definitely recieved it via OTA.
    06-11-2011 01:24 AM
    Many thanks for that clarification. Time to do some more reading and get on with the new kernel & rom & root. Been reading for a good two days and still more to go.
    06-11-2011 01:33 AM
    OTA just came through right now on my phone.
    06-11-2011 01:57 AM
    Just to confirm with everyone...

I went ahead and grabbed the EE3 posted on XDA, and my stats are as follows:

BASEBAND VERSION
    i510.06.V.EE4
    SCH-I510.EE1

BUILD NUMBER
    SCH-I510.EE4

For those that have done a real OTA update to EE4, do these match?
    Mine came through OTA about 30 minutes ago (I'm in California).

Hardware Version i510.06
    Firmware Version 2.2.1
    Baseband Version
    i510.06 V.EE4
    SCH-I510.EE1

Kernel Version
    se.infra@SEI-07 #1

Build Number
    SCH-I510.EE4

--------
    Hope that's helpful.

(No problems with update so far.)
    evercleardoc likes this.
    06-11-2011 02:28 AM
    I just recieved it in seattle. Though I believe location matters.
    06-11-2011 02:30 AM
    not sure if I should update this yet :L
    06-11-2011 02:37 AM
    Got my OTA in San Diego 15 mins ago,
    06-11-2011 03:04 AM
    How's GPS post update? Better?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    06-11-2011 03:07 AM
187 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD