Droid Charge EE4 update improvements

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
there is not a hole lot if info on it's so called benifits. Will the charge be getting 2.2.2 or 2.2.3 or 2.3 anytime soone.

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sounds pretty substantial to me, especially the improved browser performance.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting the update yet for some reason, even when I go into system updates within settings it says my phone is up to date although I'm on ED2 still, guess it'll get pushed when it gets pushed...

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if this interferes with the root or a custom ROM?

As for rooting there's always the possibility that an update can cause trouble when trying to root a phone, but in some cases not. Either way I'm positive this update is being looked at by the right people and they are taking the necessary steps to make it rootable asap if it isn't already. As for a custom rom, it won't matter as the rom will replace this build with whatever build the rom is centered upon.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
As for rooting there's always the possibility that an update can cause trouble when trying to root a phone, but in some cases not. Either way I'm positive this update is being looked at by the right people and they are taking the necessary steps to make it rootable asap if it isn't already. As for a custom rom, it won't matter as the rom will replace this build with whatever build the rom is centered upon.

there is no way to root these newer builds, a custom kernel needs to be installed :-\ but fortunatley thats just as easy if not easier then going through the trouble of manually rooting

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
there is no way to root these newer builds, a custom kernel needs to be installed :-\ but fortunatley thats just as easy if not easier then going through the trouble of manually rooting

Oh, nice, yeah I agree with you. Looks like I have new things to learn haha! Btw, you were so right about this phone, it's amazing so far!

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
im going to build a new altered beast tonight if i can get this deodexed in a timely mannaer

but yeah you need to go back to stock and then update your way to EE4 then flash a rom or kernel

woot. Can't wait to odin/flash it :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried loadling this as an update file on my phone via CWM but it starts then gives an error every time.

Any ideas?

you need to return to stock , update to ED2 then put that file on your SD card rename it update then boot into stock recovery and apply update.zip

woot. Can't wait to odin/flash it :)

you need to do the update manually or your radio will never update

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member