Droid Charge EE4 update improvements

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You need to disable Voodoo before doing anything else. Reboot into CWM, disable Voodoo lagfix and reboot again. Use Odin to Flash the "Rooted Stock ED1 Downgrade from ED2" ROM, accept the ED2 OTA update as you did before. Then you copy the file that DroidXcon put in this thread on your SDcard, rename it to Update and reboot again into CWM, apply the update file and you should be all set.

It also sounds like DroidXcon will have an updated version tonight. I hope this helps, but if you do not disable Voodoo it will seriously mess up the phone (I know from personal experience).

can we simply put the "disable_lagfix" file back into the voodoo folder on the SD card to Disable Voodoo Lagfix? or do we have to disable lagfix in CWM?

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
You need to disable Voodoo before doing anything else. Reboot into CWM, disable Voodoo lagfix and reboot again. Use Odin to Flash the "Rooted Stock ED1 Downgrade from ED2" ROM, accept the ED2 OTA update as you did before. Then you copy the file that DroidXcon put in this thread on your SDcard, rename it to Update and reboot again into CWM, apply the update file and you should be all set.

It also sounds like DroidXcon will have an updated version tonight. I hope this helps, but if you do not disable Voodoo it will seriously mess up the phone (I know from personal experience).

Dammit... I accidentally hit Accept for the ED2 update and now my phone is stuck at the SAMSUNG boot screen, won't do anything. Where do I go from here? Ugh.

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I work up this morning to the EE4 update. My phone download it and was waiting for me to hit install. I dont really see anything new or out of this world. I gotta tell you though, this being only second day with this phone i fully understand why they named it the droid charge. Its because you spend a lot of time doing that....lol

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh and by that way i excited to see how this threat his really taken off. Thank you all so much for the great info you have added

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Dammit... I accidentally hit Accept for the ED2 update and now my phone is stuck at the SAMSUNG boot screen, won't do anything. Where do I go from here? Ugh.

Try to boot into cvm and disable lag fix then you will need to flash the ed2-ed1 downgrade accept the updates then you should be good make sure you clean the cache as well

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I work up this morning to the EE4 update. My phone download it and was waiting for me to hit install. I dont really see anything new or out of this world. I gotta tell you though, this being only second day with this phone i fully understand why they named it the droid charge. Its because you spend a lot of time doing that....lol

Do you live in a 4G area? If you do, you should see an improvement in going from a 4G area to a 3G area and vice versa. What state do you live in? In N.Y. we still haven't seen the OTA update.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read, tonight.

Hope you are right. I call tech support and was told a local store could do the update. Called local store and was told, it is pushed out by Google. I asked for an estimate of how long the rollout would be, was told could be 2-4 weeks. Called back tech support again. Told them store could not do manual update. Tier 2 said it was being rolled gradually. Asked for rollout time and was told at most a few days barring problems. Tier 2 person said he had charge and had also no received EE4. I will wait until beginning of next week, if I do not get EE4 I will call tech support again and ask wassup.

I am interested in getting this update to see if it improves the data connection since it is flaky at my house.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Important in west Texas now and there is no 4g here

That's probably why you're not seeing an improvement. Some of this update applies to the phone better recognizing when there's a 4G or 3G signal. Many of us have had issues when switching from one to the other.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hope you are right. I call tech support and was told a local store could do the update. Called local store and was told, it is pushed out by Google. I asked for an estimate of how long the rollout would be, was told could be 2-4 weeks. Called back tech support again. Told them store could not do manual update. Tier 2 said it was being rolled gradually. Asked for rollout time and was told at most a few days barring problems. Tier 2 person said he had charge and had also no received EE4. I will wait until beginning of next week, if I do not get EE4 I will call tech support again and ask wassup.

I am interested in getting this update to see if it improves the data connection since it is flaky at my house.

Some people have gotten it already. It must be geographical in terms of its release.

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok..been keeping my eye on this thread since last night. Here is my question...or questions...

I am stock rooted and ed1.

I would like to go back to original fresh status with the phone and test the performance with the new updates.

I think I know how to wipe...factory restore should do it right?

I would like the option the come back to my current state however if I don't wanna keep the updates due to problems...my thunderbolt went to the grave after an update.

I ran sms backup, root tools backupfor apps and a complete backup, titanium backup, and Rom manager backup. Is this the best way? I don't want to go back to ed1 unless it was a backup from my phone.

If I factory restore and these apps are gone and root is gone....how would I restore the backups I made?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

steihlvoice

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Baseband version:
i510.06 V.ED1
SCH-I510.ED1

Build Number:
SCH-I510.ED2

Forgive my ignorance, but I did a system update yesterday and this is the current build and version after the update. Can I expect another update or do I already have it?

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
After the ee4 update my 3 g connection is worse keeps going from 1x to 3g i love this phone really starting to wish i just keeped my droid x and waited awhile!

jono119

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
i just used the one posted.
baseband verzion
i510.06.v.ee4
sch-i510.ee1

the bars are different there are 5 now instead of 4 and hotspot is working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad