Droid Charge EE4 update improvements

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Try to boot into cvm and disable lag fix then you will need to flash the ed2-ed1 downgrade accept the updates then you should be good make sure you clean the cache as well

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

That worked, thank you. The CWM works great as well. Going to do a factory and cache wipe and start from fresh with the ED2-ED1 flash. Do I still have Voodoo and the file structure associated with it or will I have to go through that process again?

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
That worked, thank you. The CWM works great as well. Going to do a factory and cache wipe and start from fresh with the ED2-ED1 flash. Do I still have Voodoo and the file structure associated with it or will I have to go through that process again?

if i understand correctly,

from ED1, you'll need to flash jt's voodoo kernal to get root and voodoo lagfix again (ext4)

then, we wait for droidxcon to release an updated version of his ROM that maintains the EE4 features/updates while also have root and voodoo

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
No EE4 update here in northern VA yet.

Are you guys currently at ED1 in the Baseband Section? Mine is at ED1 and it says I have the latest software. Should I have ED2? I never rooted, so if I should have ED2, it's not rooting that's prevented it.

breonnagy

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When I try to apply the update, I just get the triangle/exclamation point screen. Here's my scenario...

Won phone through DroidLanding
Rooted ED1, deleted bloat
Updated to ED2, did not root
Download EE4 zip and renamed it to update (.zip, of course)
Powered up into recovery with Vol Up+Home+Power
Scrolled down to apply update.zip
Loads for a second, then /!\

I'm technically running 'stock', non-rooted ED2. What gives?

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys currently at ED1 in the Baseband Section? Mine is at ED1 and it says I have the latest software. Should I have ED2? I never rooted, so if I should have ED2, it's not rooting that's prevented it.

I have the ED2 update and here is what I have:

- baseband ver ....ED1
- build number ....ED2

Still no EE4 in Cincinnati,OH. I wonder if they only send these out late at night?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
They dont send out updates based on areas they send them out in cycles based on MEID numbers i believe

YES, thank you.

Guys, location has nothing to do with it. I've had to deal with people yelling out their location since my Blackberry days whenever an OTA was rolling out lol.

On the plus side, now that the iPhone has OTA abilities, iPhone forums are going to have people yelling their locations, too! lol

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
With this new update, has anyone gotten better audio output through the earpiece? Mine is not great right now (ED2), it sounds reverb-y and tinny. I saw that improved voice calls are on the update sheet, but I want know if anyone has actually seen an improvement. Thanks!

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
so has anyone applied the update and do they experience better performance on the phone? I was actually thinking of changing my date to May every time I wanted to use the mobile hotspot and not bothering with the update. from what I can tell, even after the trial period expires, I think we have free mobile hotspot.

brianct1972

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
With this new update, has anyone gotten better audio output through the earpiece? Mine is not great right now (ED2), it sounds reverb-y and tinny. I saw that improved voice calls are on the update sheet, but I want know if anyone has actually seen an improvement. Thanks!

I think mine may be worse on EE4, lot's of feedback/screetching on bluetooth.

wuclan99

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded and installed the update from page 1 about an hour ago. So far, the stock browser seems faster. The flash heavy sites seem to be greatly improved. 4G has pretty much always worked well, and it still is. It has been holding a steady (albeit slow) 3G connection instead of dropping down to "3GD", which is where most of my problems were occurring. The true test will be tonight when I get a little further out from Columbus. There are a lot of dead spots, and switching back and forth between 4G/3G/3GD, which was the cause of most of my data problems.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I suspect these updates aren't launched during the day. You'll probably have to wait until tonight. But it might not be until tomorrow or the next day. I thought I read something from a VZW employee on the Verizon site that said it would be over the next few days.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Just rename is update, not update.zip (leave the .zip off).

Mine worked with it named update.zip

once the zip is on the sd card how do i get it load?

1) Boot into recovery by holding VOLUME UP+HOME+POWER button all at the same time
2) Scroll to Update with the volume up/down rocker
3) Select with HOME key
4) Sit back and let it do it's thing....takes 3-5 minutes to complete

Last edited: