Droid Charge EE4 update improvements

greene.phillip

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Timing?

I hadn't received the OTA yet.. So I downloaded the update, renamed it and stuck it on my SD Card. Mainly fumbling I rebooted into download mode. Watch the phone show up in Odin, then unplugged, put in battery and booted back up... Update available.. Coincidentally I believe I rebooted right on midnight. So did it pull the update from my card or did I just happen to get the OTA rollout tonight?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't received the OTA yet.. So I downloaded the update, renamed it and stuck it on my SD Card. Mainly fumbling I rebooted into download mode. Watch the phone show up in Odin, then unplugged, put in battery and booted back up... Update available.. Coincidentally I believe I rebooted right on midnight. So did it pull the update from my card or did I just happen to get the OTA rollout tonight?

Sounds like you got the OTA. Plus you don't load the EE4 update through odin when it's the 'update.zip' file. That is only flashable via stock recovery by holding the volume up+home key+power button and waiting for the samsung logo to flash twice (on the second one let go and it will go into recovery) Then you would go to install update.zip locate the file and install that way. So you definitely recieved it via OTA.

greene.phillip

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Many thanks for that clarification. Time to do some more reading and get on with the new kernel & rom & root. Been reading for a good two days and still more to go.

sv_one

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Just to confirm with everyone...

I went ahead and grabbed the EE3 posted on XDA, and my stats are as follows:

BASEBAND VERSION
i510.06.V.EE4
SCH-I510.EE1

BUILD NUMBER
SCH-I510.EE4

For those that have done a real OTA update to EE4, do these match?
Mine came through OTA about 30 minutes ago (I'm in California).

Hardware Version i510.06
Firmware Version 2.2.1
Baseband Version
i510.06 V.EE4
SCH-I510.EE1

Kernel Version
se.infra@SEI-07 #1

Build Number
SCH-I510.EE4

--------
Hope that's helpful.

(No problems with update so far.)

Reactions: evercleardoc

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Went back to ED1 then ED2 and the update for EE4 came up OTA, so I've already installed the official update plus the Voodoo kernel, rooted and have CWM. This thing is a beast!

rorkin

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Turned on phone this AM and ddid not see update so went to check for update option and saw it was downloading in the backgroumd.. over 9 meg.. gave me the install option .. says it could take 8 min.. took about 5 to install.. Seemed to hang at red whatever you call it screen for a while on reboot so I did a power off and on.. came back with a normal start..Have no Idea if rollout is reigonal.. I am in eastern Md..

davesnk

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Just to confirm with everyone...

I went ahead and grabbed the EE3 posted on XDA, and my stats are as follows:

BASEBAND VERSION
i510.06.V.EE4
SCH-I510.EE1

BUILD NUMBER
SCH-I510.EE4

For those that have done a real OTA update to EE4, do these match?
Got the real update this morning and these numbers match exactly.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Turned on phone this AM and ddid not see update so went to check for update option and saw it was downloading in the backgroumd.. over 9 meg.. gave me the install option .. says it could take 8 min.. took about 5 to install.. Seemed to hang at red whatever you call it screen for a while on reboot so I did a power off and on.. came back with a normal start..Have no Idea if rollout is reigonal.. I am in eastern Md..

I got the update late last night in No. Virginia.

nopants

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Woke up this AM to an update dialogue, hit accept and walked away to make coffee. Phone rebooted (no missing that startup sound) and is working normally.

Problem is that I'm still at ED2 and have no indication that I've taken the update. 4 signal bars, baseband versions both ED1, build number ED2.

Phone is stock, never rooted, just placed launcherpro over the touchwiz that I don't like. Had been OTA updated to ED2 on day 1 when I got it on launch.

Phone tells me its software is up to date. Any thoughts?

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Update got pushed through around 1-1:30 in the morning here in upstate NY. Everything seems to be working great. I have not had a chance to test out the GPS since though so I will look forward to seeing improvements on that.

tonymontana2367

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Saw the OTA last night here in Chicago. Held off on installing for now. Still no word on pricing for Hotspot, and I know I can access it free still (date fix) indefinitely.

bellison41

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I recieved the OTA around 1 AM this morning. I hit install and heard the boot animation and picked it up and noticed the browser has much less lag. The signal seems to maintain a more consistant level. Im very happy that it seems to have fixed some of the issues I have been having. Now I am going to keep the phone for sure, and am ready to root this bad boy. I am liking it as well as my heavily modded Incredible that I didn't think anything without dual core would replace. This update was actually worth installing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar